Typhon Taking typhon to the beach

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 6s
Im going to the beach this friday, figured id take the typhon with me. I ordered some paddles for it. 4 tires, i know not to go near salt water. i already have sealed bearings in the back, so is it best i put sealed bearings on all the parts including the tranny. also cleaning wise, is it best to clean it immediatly after words? Tips would be great.

Im going to the beach this friday, figured id take the typhon with me. I ordered some paddles for it. 4 tires, i know not to go near salt water. i already have sealed bearings in the back, so is it best i put sealed bearings on all the parts including the tranny. also cleaning wise, is it best to clean it immediatly after words? Tips would be great.
my knowledge comes from experience with larger machines but this I can tell you: the sooner you get the salt water off the better. Rinse the heck out of it, then, rinse some more! LOL! One thing I hated about living in Connecticut was the salt baths your cars took during the winter...so gross and damaging :(

Cover the exposed bearings with grease to create a barrier for sand to get in. Same for the diff cases where they hit the chassis. The more grease you have in these areas, the better the chance of sealing out sand.

Wash then wash then dry with air hose if you have access. Then spray the hell out of it with wd40 of similar. I like the dry type lubes
541FE7AC-1FFD-4F49-9B18-FFA6C6B603CA.jpeg
9C6BF0B3-101C-461C-A290-10D4886B8FA4.jpeg
97CCAA6A-23F1-4A3A-B448-796F66B87830.jpeg

When your applying wd40 are you spraying willy nilly on a fully assembled vehicle? I heard wd40 could dry out the bearings if it seeps in? And what about the electronics?
Yup I spray everything but the electronics. I’ve never had wd40 dry up the bearings. I’d worry about the sand more than the wd40

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back