Senton Taking wheels off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevys10zr2003

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I am wondering if there is a certain trick to taking the rear wheels off of the Senton? I have taken the hex nut off of the hub and was expecting the wheel to come off but after hitting with a hammer and prying on the wheel with a pry bar for 15 minutes I cannot seem to get this wheel off. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Arrma did good job of making sure everything was tight on the Senton. Almost too good of a job. Mine was the same way when i got it. Try wiggling the wheels and pulling at the same time. That worked for me.

Arrma did good job of making sure everything was tight on the Senton. Almost too good of a job. Mine was the same way when i got it. Try wiggling the wheels and pulling at the same time. That worked for me.
I originally got the other three wheels off using the exact same method you suggested but I could not get the 4th wheel off and that's when I wrote the original post. I finally got it the other night. It required me, my friend, a hammer and a pry bar all at the same time as well as breaking the wheel and tearing the tire. We determined that it wasn't the hex but it was the round hole in the wheel was too small or possibly oblong so it was pressed on with extreme force. I have since determined that the problem was with that one wheel as I tried putting it in another location on the vehicle and couldn't get it to go on. I have now ordered new 1/8 scale buggy wheels and tires and will be putting those on this week. Thank you very much for the reply.

I originally got the other three wheels off using the exact same method you suggested but I could not get the 4th wheel off and that's when I wrote the original post. I finally got it the other night. It required me, my friend, a hammer and a pry bar all at the same time as well as breaking the wheel and tearing the tire. We determined that it wasn't the hex but it was the round hole in the wheel was too small or possibly oblong so it was pressed on with extreme force. I have since determined that the problem was with that one wheel as I tried putting it in another location on the vehicle and couldn't get it to go on. I have now ordered new 1/8 scale buggy wheels and tires and will be putting those on this week. Thank you very much for the reply.

I'd say that's worth a new set from the Arrma warranty folks!!!!

I'd say that's worth a new set from the Arrma warranty folks!!!!

I have tried dealing with the Arrma customer service about the broken shock that it came with in the box. I sent them two emails over a month ago and have not gotten a single response, I tried calling them and after being on the line for 20 minutes got disconnected and then after that I posted on this forum and mrbelloso gave me the number for Great Plains. I called them on the 2nd of September and got ahold of somebody and they took my number, mailing address and email address and they said that somebody from Arrma would get ahold of me on the 6th or 7th.....I still haven't heard anything. I am pretty much done dealing with their poopy customer service. It is a shame though as the product is great but their support is awful.

I have tried dealing with the Arrma customer service about the broken shock that it came with in the box. I sent them two emails over a month ago and have not gotten a single response, I tried calling them and after being on the line for 20 minutes got disconnected and then after that I posted on this forum and mrbelloso gave me the number for Great Plains. I called them on the 2nd of September and got ahold of somebody and they took my number, mailing address and email address and they said that somebody from Arrma would get ahold of me on the 6th or 7th.....I still haven't heard anything. I am pretty much done dealing with their poopy customer service. It is a shame though as the product is great but their support is awful.

I would say to try and call again. I called and the hold time was kind of crappy but I got a tech and spent about 5 minutes with him before he agreed with my diagnosis of the issue and dispatched a part. I also emailed a question about diff brain settings and had a response within the hour. I replied to that response after business hours and had a reply to my email this morning. I think there is a breakdown in communication that is perceived as bad service. If you want something, you have to be like a dog who wants a bone. If they don't call back when they promise, call them. If they don't answer an email in 48 hours, call them. NEVER leave a message. Stay in the cue until you speak to a TECH. The lady who answers the phone is nice but I left a message with her once and that call was never returned. You have to be in command of your own destiny if you want your warranty honored. Ford won't fix my truck for free if I don't tell them what's wrong and drive it to their dealership even if it's a huge pain in my ass to do so.

Most importantly, be nice when you finally get someone on the line that can help you. Explain what has happened and all you've gone through to finally get to them but don't take it out on them. There are degrees of helpfulness they can offer. Nice people get level 10, jerk faces get level 1. That's not Arrma, that's the whole world.

I would say to try and call again. I called and the hold time was kind of crappy but I got a tech and spent about 5 minutes with him before he agreed with my diagnosis of the issue and dispatched a part. I also emailed a question about diff brain settings and had a response within the hour. I replied to that response after business hours and had a reply to my email this morning. I think there is a breakdown in communication that is perceived as bad service. If you want something, you have to be like a dog who wants a bone. If they don't call back when they promise, call them. If they don't answer an email in 48 hours, call them. NEVER leave a message. Stay in the cue until you speak to a TECH. The lady who answers the phone is nice but I left a message with her once and that call was never returned. You have to be in command of your own destiny if you want your warranty honored. Ford won't fix my truck for free if I don't tell them what's wrong and drive it to their dealership even if it's a huge pain in my ass to do so.

Most importantly, be nice when you finally get someone on the line that can help you. Explain what has happened and all you've gone through to finally get to them but don't take it out on them. There are degrees of helpfulness they can offer. Nice people get level 10, jerk faces get level 1. That's not Arrma, that's the whole world.

Can I please get the email address and number that you used? I used the ones off of the Arrma website and didn't have any luck. Also, when I got ahold of the person at Great Plains it was a tech and I was nice and friendly with him. I will try them again with the information that you provide me. If that doesn't work my next car will probably be a Losi Baja Rey. Like I said I really like the product itself but have had horrible luck with customer service.

I used the numbers and email from the "Contact Us" page on the help and support section at the bottom of the main page.

http://www.arrma-rc.com/support/contact

Alright I will try both of those again. Those are the same email address and number that I have tried before but I will try again and let you know what I come up with. Thank you very much for the help.

I used the numbers and email from the "Contact Us" page on the help and support section at the bottom of the main page.

http://www.arrma-rc.com/support/contact

Just to be clear, the attached are the number and email that you used?

Attachments

• Arrma.PNG
    Arrma.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 38
For sure. I just checked the log on my phone and it showed 217-398-8970.

If you don't get an immediate auto response to your email that it has been received then you probably didn't enter the address correctly of or your spam filters are picking it up.

For sure. I just checked the log on my phone and it showed 217-398-8970.

If you don't get an immediate auto response to your email that it has been received then you probably didn't enter the address correctly of or your spam filters are picking it up.

I will try tomorrow after work but that's the funny thing is that I did get immediate automated responses to both of my emails. I just never got a response.

Glad to hear you got the wheel off. I immediately changed mine to 1/8th buggy wheels that I had laying around. I still use the stock tires for drifting in the parking lot across the street from me. My other problem with mine was the little grub screw stripping out that holds the pinion on the motor shaft. So the stock motor is pretty much stuck onto the motor mount. Didnt bother calling Arrma. Just bought a new motor mount, and put my Castle Mamba Monster 2 ESC and motor in there that I also had laying around from my old Ofna buggy that was discontinued.

Had two stuck on my outcast that I picked up in Dec. wow what a pain that was. I got some "arrma thumb" to say the least. After 20-30 minutes of working at it, I finally miraculously got them to come off. Heat gun, elbo grease, tapping and trimming with the exacto and a few small prayers and there it was. When it finally came off I was shocked. Arrma needs to do something about this ASAP. I'm going to attempt two new rims and tires. We'll see I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back