Kraton Talbot’s TP POWER MOTOR?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have watched all of his EXB videos and he never says or lists which model or KV he put in his kraton EXB! Any of y’all know what he’s running? It’s way stronger than my Hobbystar 4092/1730 or my Hobbywing 4985/1650

I have watched all of his EXB videos and he never says or lists which model or KV he put in his kraton EXB! Any of y’all know what he’s running? It’s way stronger than my Hobbystar 4092/1730 or my Hobbywing 4985/1650
I wanna say 4060 2350kv... but I could be wrong

Last edited:
It is a TP 4050 2310kv motor. He shows it in his exb video just really quick. I have the motor as well it is defiantly crazy powerful.

It is a TP 4050 2310kv motor. He shows it in his exb video just really quick. I have the motor as well it is defiantly crazy powerful.
Thanks man that’s awesome!! What esc are you running? I have a Max6. Does it heat up quick? What size pinion you using?

Thanks man that’s awesome!! What esc are you running? I have a Max6. Does it heat up quick? What size pinion you using?

I run a mac 6 as well. I run 12 tooth pinion with zero heat issues. It does all the standing back flips and all the speed you’ll ever need for bashing lol. I do have a hobby wing dual fan on as well. I have a 15t pinion I’ll be trying next. Kevin Talbot over heated his with a 15t but he wasn’t running any fans on the motor so we will see!

I run a mac 6 as well. I run 12 tooth pinion with zero heat issues. It does all the standing back flips and all the speed you’ll ever need for bashing lol. I do have a hobby wing dual fan on as well. I have a 15t pinion I’ll be trying next. Kevin Talbot over heated his with a 15t but he wasn’t running any fans on the motor so we will see!
I’ve been looking everywhere but can’t find this motor. Is it out of stock? Haha

Im personally scared to explode my diffs lol

As long as you have a shim on the ring gear bearing in the case and LSD plates in the rear (I run 3 star plates to keep it open) it should handle it no problem. However your drive cups will wear out. Mine allready have a decent grove worn in them and I'm only running a blx185/2050kv combo with punch set at 6.

As long as you have a shim on the ring gear bearing in the case and LSD plates in the rear (I run 3 star plates to keep it open) it should handle it no problem. However your drive cups will wear out. Mine allready have a decent grove worn in them and I'm only running a blx185/2050kv combo with punch set at 6.
Well one run and my diff cup melted diff started to bind. Opened it up no gear damaged im starting to be fristrated
Running 6 starbplates to keep it open too. Decided to re use a diff cup who wasnt melted bu was leaking arround the steel insert i have put CA goue arround it. Hopefulky it sealed the deal.
Went up in fluid now to 20k and new shims

Well one run and my diff cup melted diff started to bind. Opened it up no gear damaged im starting to be fristrated
Running 6 starbplates to keep it open too. Decided to re use a diff cup who wasnt melted bu was leaking arround the steel insert i have put CA goue arround it. Hopefulky it sealed the deal.
Went up in fluid now to 20k and new shims

Interesting. Yeah I blew mine yesterday and was frustrated but then relived as I realized it blew because I had forgotten to tighten down the 4 screws holding the ring gear on all the way ?‍♂️?‍♂️?
As long as the ring and pinion holds up. Pinions are on backorder

Interesting. Yeah I blew mine yesterday and was frustrated but then relived as I realized it blew because I had forgotten to tighten down the 4 screws holding the ring gear on all the way ?‍♂️?‍♂️?
As long as the ring and pinion holds up. Pinions are on backorder
I also victim of cogging issue its getting worst and worst now i think the motor is junked

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back