Vorteks Talbot beats a vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im very committed to KT, for his infectious enthusiasm (where everything is "Absolutely Epic"!!!) and wilfull diregard for taking it all too seriously. In this particular video there was less Vorteks and more filming his mates cars being sent.

It didnt really matter as by the time he'd got a vorteks, loads of other people had done properly useful videos (thanks, Razor !), which gave a clear assesment of the pluses and minuses......or really fun "big send" videos (Eg Thunder RC). In total contrast to KT, Im also a huge fan of the utterly calm Earl Moorhead and look forward to his build and upgrade videos on the Vorteks.....when he's finished with his lovely new Outcast EXB.

I agree. Just KTs enthusiasm gets me everything.

I follow Earl Moorhead too.

I wish I had found Arrma before wasting cash on POS rigs. Well I'm still wasting some cash on Arrma but I don't mind working on them.

The wife came out to my shed today to check I hadn't fallen asleep lol but I had diff issues with my Vorteks and it took me longer to fix than I expected. I'm getting mechanic hands and I work in IT.

I agree. Just KTs enthusiasm gets me everything.

I follow Earl Moorhead too.

I wish I had found Arrma before wasting cash on POS rigs. Well I'm still wasting some cash on Arrma but I don't mind working on them.

The wife came out to my shed today to check I hadn't fallen asleep lol but I had diff issues with my Vorteks and it took me longer to fix than I expected. I'm getting mechanic hands and I work in IT.
As a fellow Big Rock owner, would you reccomend a Vorteks as a second RC ? It would be for my daughter (10) who announced at the weekend that she wanted to get a basher as an upgrade from her WL Toys buggy.

As a fellow Big Rock owner, would you reccomend a Vorteks as a second RC ? It would be for my daughter (10) who announced at the weekend that she wanted to get a basher as an upgrade from her WL Toys buggy.

As a second or third, or fourth RC, yes...but be aware it is very surface-specific. It is not the kind of RC you take with you not knowing what the surface will look like. I find it doesn't work very well on loose or rough surfaces. I am also pretty sure it doesn't work well on grass unless it is super short (but I didn't try it).

On the other hand, I think it's my favorite car for ripping on hardpack surfaces. After a bash session jumping the Kraton and Granite and drifting my Vorteks at high speed...I'd say the Vorteks gave me the bigger smile. Same thing for my son. He always want to drive the Vorteks.

As a second or third, or fourth RC, yes...but be aware it is very surface-specific. It is not the kind of RC you take with you not knowing what the surface will look like. I find it doesn't work very well on loose or rough surfaces. I am also pretty sure it doesn't work well on grass unless it is super short (but I didn't try it).

On the other hand, I think it's my favorite car for ripping on hardpack surfaces. After a bash session jumping the Kraton and Granite and drifting my Vorteks at high speed...I'd say the Vorteks gave me the bigger smile. Same thing for my son. He always want to drive the Vorteks.
We've digressed a bit from the OP's point but thank you. Ive seen videos where it seems to run quite slow, gets very hot and drinks batteries when running on grass and Ive got to be honest, my daughter will run 50% on short grass. i wonder if this is down to the fact its fairly low to the ground and the resistance of the grass unduly affects it ??? If thats the case (a bit counterintuitively), perhaps the Vorteks needs slightly bigger wheels to give it more ground clearance. I think I saw JayTee running his on Big Rock Ragnaroks for that reason.
Weirdly Ive never heard Typhon 3S owners saying that running on grass is impossible.

Yeah, we know you have the hots for her, wonder what the wifey has to say about that. 🤣

Wives are not for life you know. FYI.

I'd be more concerned about what that big Kiwi dude would do if you started sniffing around the lady.

All kidding aside, they have a good channel and I like their content. :)

I don't have a Big Rock but I have a Notorious and my boy (11) has a Kraton EXB. My twin girls (9) just asked for a "real" RC so I just picked up two Vorteks. They aren't as all-terrain as the Kraton EXB for sure, but the kids like running on short grass, paved and packed paths, and the street too so these seem like a good choice. If I find the lower ground clearance is an issue I can always put bigger tires on it and adjust the gearing. I chose the Vorteks because they are lower and handle better which is perfect for the girls. Well that and they seem to be very tough. I'll grab some video when we run them the first time (hopefully this evening) on different terrain if I can so you can see how they do.

Last edited:
Wives are not for life you know. FYI.

I'd be more concerned about what that big Kiwi dude would do if you started sniffing around the lady.

All kidding aside, they have a good channel and I like their content. :)
Yeah. Me too. And they are quite unusual in that they cover racing as well as bashing. Theyre also very positive and I always feel better about life after watching them. I think they pitch their content at a less expert audience which makes them accessible.

I've got both a BR and a Vorteks. I drive them daily and always reach for the Vorteks first. I love the handling and how it looks.

I drive mainly on short grass, loose dirt and tarmac. No it won't handle long grass or rough terrain as well as a BR and the tyres don't hook up the best in the loose stuff but it compliments my BR perfectly.

Edit - Actually I was considering a 2nd Vorteks as a backup but now I want a Kyosho Mad Van real bad.

I've got both a BR and a Vorteks. I drive them daily and always reach for the Vorteks first. I love the handling and how it looks.

I drive mainly on short grass, loose dirt and tarmac. No it won't handle long grass or rough terrain as well as a BR and the tyres don't hook up the best in the loose stuff but it compliments my BR perfectly.

Edit - Actually I was considering a 2nd Vorteks as a backup but now I want a Kyosho Mad Van real bad.
Hahaha. Having watched recent vids of the brushless Mad Van I also want one of them too but that will have to wait til the Arrma collection is more built up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back