Limitless Talbot's fastest RC car project discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Kevin Talbot does boats. He might be afraid of water, or can't swim, or something. I'm not sure how to bash a boat, or if that's even possible. I guess you could run it aground until it breaks, and use that as clickbait? I dunno. I think I'm going to go watch some YouTube.
He has a few boat videos but they are the cheap banggood variety. Funny videos though.

I suspect you may have seen this one, but Talbot made another speed run attempt on a runway.
During the transition from asphalt to concrete the front lifted and resulted in a blow-over at 138 mph.

Overall he learned some good lessons about the rear suspension compressing, and some issues with his wheel arch design. He will soon learn that the Noble NB4 needs a booster ;)

203mph RC Car Project FAIL - YouTube

I'm sure he has a lot of help and most of his comments seem based on feedback from others, but by all means, most of us learn that way. It's entertaining and his channel is not meant for anything other than him having fun, plus he advertises his business. He will learn and probably educate some others by failing, based on higher exposure.

Last edited:
I suspect you may have seen this one, but Talbot made another speed run attempt on a runway.
During the transition from asphalt to concrete the front lifted and resulted in a blow-over at 138 mph.

Overall he learned some good lessons about the rear suspension compressing, and some issues with his wheel arch design. He will soon learn that the Noble NB4 needs a booster ;)

I saw his video and he didnt set suspension properly. I like him and his videos but if you do the tiniest bit of research you can see posts telling you how to set the suspension for speed runs. The poor GT1 body got it.

Lol

This was a fun one. That runway…ugh not a good choice.

I told him about the booster. He asked for a link. I sent him an eBay link for the one I am using. I would assume he’s getting it.

I saw it, good on him to get to 138mph. I’ll say that was faster than I thought he would get to without destroying the car.. the main problem I saw in the new video is that the airfield he was running on isn’t right for speedrun cars, with the different types of asphalt and concrete at varying heights, rough patches and divots in it.. running there is definitely going to cause more blowovers and crashes, I would think. It may be an airfield, but that doesn’t mean it’s automatically suitable for speedruns

Agreed there were two different patches of concrete and one was rough and the other one had crevasses in it…definitely not the best for speed run he probably would have had better luck on a regular road.

What is a booster?
It is a radio signal amplifier. It takes a normally weak signal from a stock radio and increases the signal strength, plus adds a higher gain antenna, to improve range drastically.

Yeah, a lot of plane/wing guys also use it
And they use air radio's with opentx/module bay.
It's not an easy plug an play solution for surface radio's with closed eco systems. And as crossfire is 3-4x more expensive as a signal booster, it's an easy choice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back