Limitless Talbot's fastest RC car project discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power is not the answer. Raz ran the XLX 2 and increased his power significantly with only an increase of 3 mph.

I am a bit shocked Nic Case came out of hiding and offered to help him. Nic has an amazing level of knowledge to offer.
I'd love to pick his brain just on aerodynamics lessons he learned over the years trying different things.

I am a bit shocked Nic Case came out of hiding and offered to help him. Nic has an amazing level of knowledge to offer.
And he told him, naw I got this... ?

Bump for updates

Anyone know if he made it out of the 80’s yet?

Negative, this CD was spotted on his bench.....

E1F7B60B-0D74-4DB0-8763-412DD1EB4135.jpeg

What really Pi**es me off is as a customer wanting to buy some of the products from Scorched, Delta etc. I can't as it's 'out of stock'. YET they are clearly shipping boxes of the same body shells and Ti parts to him. It's not a location thing either as I live 10 minutes down the road from Kev.

What's the point in having Kev and the like showing off all of this kit if it's not available because it all gets sent for you tube video reviews/adverts...
Rant over....

Last edited:
What really Pi**es me off is as a customer wanting to buy some of the products from Scorched, Delta etc. I can't as it's 'out of stock'. YET they are clearly shipping boxes of the same body shells and Ti parts sent to him. It's not a location thing either as I live 10 minutes down the road from Kev.

What's the point in having Kev and the like showing off all of this kit if it's not available because it all gets sent for you tube video reviews/adverts...
Rant over....
When I ordered my Scorched spools, they told me they had stopped production to redesign a stronger part as drag guys were breaking them. I let them know that I only do speed runs and wasn't likely to put the same stress on the parts. They allowed me to buy two of the old sets under the understanding that I was taking a small risk. I am unsure if what Kev received is new or old stock. Maybe he is beta testing the new ones? 15S x 2 (30s? ?) is a brutal load.

When I ordered my Scorched spools, they told me they had stopped production to redesign a stronger part as drag guys were breaking them. I let them know that I only do speed runs and wasn't likely to put the same stress on the parts. They allowed me to buy two of the old sets under the understanding that I was taking a small risk. I am unsure if what Kev received is new or old stock. Maybe he is beta testing the new ones? 15S x 2 (30s? ?) is a brutal load.
No no no... kev said... it’s 60 cell!!

What really Pi**es me off is as a customer wanting to buy some of the products from Scorched, Delta etc. I can't as it's 'out of stock'. YET they are clearly shipping boxes of the same body shells and Ti parts sent to him. It's not a location thing either as I live 10 minutes down the road from Kev.

Rant over....

Easy solution Darren, I am actually surprised you didn't think of this already...
Break into his garage and steal all the parts on Halloween :vamp: (perfect day to wear a mask and no one thinks oddly of you)

That’s the response I had word for word... also had an email and text message a week or so later informing me they were in stock, which they weren’t. Same again a week later... so I made my own. Same with body shells, so I’ll make my own...

Easy solution Darren, I am actually surprised you didn't think of this already...
Break into his garage and steal all the parts on Halloween :vamp: (perfect day to wear a mask and no one thinks oddly of you)

Even though that’s a great solution I may refrain and continue to make my own kit. I’ve done the diffs and you know about the body so I no longer need parts from these suppliers.

He might actually do that! Doubt he can do 203mph though, legally.
Interesting concept though, you can do it in draft mode, they've done it for bikes and other world records.

I just want to know where he's going to run it for his record attempt - the surface needs to be ultra smooth...maybe Santa Pod drag racing track - that's not too far from him...but is it long enough??

or maybe he'll try it in the local park...on grass!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back