Limitless Talbot's fastest RC car project discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to know where he's going to run it for his record attempt - the surface needs to be ultra smooth...maybe Santa Pod drag racing track - that's not too far from him...but is it long enough??

or maybe he'll try it in the local park...on grass!!
Usually attempts of this caliber are done on an airstrip runway.

He isn’t coming to my circuit or airstrip as we can’t afford the insurance once they hear the name Kevin Talbot.
I'm still waiting for my invite to your circuit so I can test my 120s 350mph Infraction..?????

Has he tried a speedrun yet with the car, or at least any practice runs recently? I haven't seen anything new about it

More like, “oh crap I ran my mouth and set the bar too high” reality check on that 203MPH claim ?

now watch it get less and less attention until one day you’re like...”hey, remember that Talbot speedrun record car he was building?, whatever happened to that?”

Not to overly provide cover for Kev but he set a bar higher than most of us here would attempt. He has the funds and drive to try it, so I say go for it. I doubt he gets there, but it will be something I will be a spectator for.

He has been on a quest for very exotic and elusive parts. That has delayed him quite a bit. He also is now under a lock down again and with winter fast approaching I doubt he gets much accomplished on that thing until spring. With the money he’s tied up already I wouldn’t expect him to just give up on it.

Speed running isn’t about just throwing money and exotic top shelf parts into a cobbled mess while putting minimal thought for efficiency and effectiveness into the equation. This is all I see when he “builds” something, which as a basher is perfectly fine and will more times than not, get the job done. But you can’t approach speed running with that same thought process and achieve goals that high.
Its more about attention to detail, a metric poop ton of math and being meticulous with every aspect of your build, your setup, data collection and each and every pass you make.

Throwing money and parts into building a car, and nothing else, will get him into the 120’s and 130’s no problem, IF he doesn’t destroy it along the way to those speeds, which is what I think will happen. I bet he bins it hard beyond repair before he gets over 110mph, especially if he runs on foams. Either way, I will be watching

Speed running isn’t about just throwing money and exotic top shelf parts into a cobbled mess while putting minimal thought for efficiency and effectiveness into the equation. This is all I see when he “builds” something, which as a basher is perfectly fine and will more times than not, get the job done. But you can’t approach speed running with that same thought process and achieve goals that high.
Its more about attention to detail, a metric poop ton of math and being meticulous with every aspect of your build, your setup, data collection and each and every pass you make.
I don’t disagree at all. I don’t see him hitting 150mph ever. But I will enjoy watching him try. Hell I am still yet to hit 140mph so be far from me to tell anyone how to do it right.

Its all about them views. Weather it works out or not, he's still having fun and getting paid to do it.
That's FACTS!
Fact ? the weather over here is just pants now, so I doubt he'll get anything done till next year..

Not wanting to sound like a horrid person, but I just want to see him crash it badly at speed..???
I doubt it as well, especially hitting the benchmark of 203mph. I too wanna see him crash at high speed!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back