Limitless Talbot's fastest RC car project discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
I thought this may be fun to discuss Talbot's Limitless build.

My list of concerns:
1. Having 2 motors that likely don't output the same KV. (This means one set of wheels is going to try and go faster than the other.)
2. Room for ESCs and Batteries.
3. Purchasing a 1mm body.
4.The radio he is using.
5. The lack of experience running over 100mph.

Overall I am glad he is doing this project to cast some light onto the speed run side of the hobby.

@LibertyMKiii lets be real man, he’s not a speed runner and we all know this, and believe it or not he knows this. But personally I am 10000 times more intrigued by this than the standard 100-150mph build. I wanna see how fast that thing can go with the weird 2 motors! Back in the day I remember people putting two velineon 3500’s on an emaxx and calling it brushless (the MM didn’t come out yet)

He’s trying something different and it’s pretty cool in my opinion. Anyone can build a fast RC nowdays (not everyone can drive it fast) so he’s trying something weird.

I've been following that build and I agree he's in over his head. He reminds me back in the day when I used to street race, ppl would throw the biggest of everything on their engine and wonder why it runs like total garbage. He has a lot of research to do. Fun watching the inevitable fail though.
@LibertyMKiii lets be real man, he’s not a speed runner and we all know this, and believe it or not he knows this. But personally I am 10000 times more intrigued by this than the standard 100-150mph build. I wanna see how fast that thing can go with the weird 2 motors! Back in the day I remember people putting two velineon 3500’s on an emaxx and calling it brushless (the MM didn’t come out yet)

He’s trying something different and it’s pretty cool in my opinion. Anyone can build a fast RC nowdays (not everyone can drive it fast) so he’s trying something weird.
Thats the main reason I watch him, I learn what works and what doesn't.

I think it will be fun to watch his journey and lessons learned along the way.
I also think he may shed some light on motor KV selecting along the way if he can keep the car on the road enough to do some back to back runs. With no spur an pinion the cars gearing is literally the KV choice.

The good thing is that the Limitless is one of the most forgiving platforms to learn speed running on. With that said it is still extremely hard to run over 120mph!

I’m worried that he’ll burn up his electronics right away. It’s an interesting build for sure, but I think he said in his last video he’s using 3200kv motors. That’s a recipe for disaster on 6S with essentially 1/1 gearing.

Also, how will he tune his speed? He’s stuck with max gearing from the beginning. He’ll either have to limit % output in the ESC or change diff gears as he goes.

I’m worried that he’ll burn up his electronics right away. It’s an interesting build for sure, but I think he said in his last video he’s using 3200kv motors. That’s a recipe for disaster on 6S with essentially 1/1 gearing.

Also, how will he tune his speed? He’s stuck with max gearing from the beginning. He’ll either have to limit % output in the ESC or change diff gears as he goes.
He has the budget for it...
Yep, he is stuck with whatever the motor can output as his gearing. There really isn't good options for differentials. You have the 3.3 ratio it comes with or the 4.3 from the Kraton/Noto/Outcast.

He can set throttle limits in the ESC or radio to work up to speed slowly. Luckily it seems there are plenty of open for public use airfields in Europe (so jealous of that)

Razzzzz started with 2 motors on his Limitless and finally found what others had found... 1 motor works better in RC cars. With that said the guys that run catamaran RC boats swear by using 2 motors.

I find the idea of having the motors direct drive interesting, and had not seen that idea yet on the Limitless. If I were to setup something like this I'd have the motors shafts extend out the back of the motors and do another dog bone connecting the 2 motors to help synchronize them.

Just for fun I plugged in Talbots setup. Assuming he is running 3200kv motors and we see normal voltage drop down to around 19v.
BSR foams size plugged in and 34/34 simulates the fact that he does not have a spur or pinion.

1596739150200.png

I am enjoying the build so far and can’t wait until I hear him yell WUTTTTTTT???? as it smacks a curb, just like his off-road speed build.
?? i want to the the car take off and explode like a F1 car. Im dissapointed that people cannot tune their esc on the field?‍♂️ "brakes sucks" tune it dammit increase the brakes thats why his speed run off road rc got destroyed

Ohh tumbly wumbly, whoa append?
IMO Kevin is the extreme basher for durability, for speed and crazy/ funny ideas -> driftomaniacs.
Yours truly is not a fan of Ritchie

I'm from England, but I'm sorry KT is a peepee-head..? he's only doing this speedrun thing for clickbait and the fact he has money to burn..!!
It will be funny to watch him fail in epic fashion..???
I used to watch his videos a couple of years ago, but he's so fake it's unbearable to watch him in my opinion..!!

Oh and just to let you all know, not all English people are like him..???

I'm from England, but I'm sorry KT is a peepee-head..? he's only doing this speedrun thing for clickbait and the fact he has money to burn..!!
It will be funny to watch him fail in epic fashion..???
I used to watch his videos a couple of years ago, but he's so fake it's unbearable to watch him in my opinion..!!

Oh and just to let you all know, not all English people are like him..???
Ya I figured y'all are more like....

1596750190341.png

I understand his attitude (Talbot) about how their toys, launch em, break em, and fix em.

He's pretty much throwing a ? together and lighting the fuse. He'll try 2 passes, fail, then the car will be launched for the hell of it. At least he'll show ppl its not as easy as he thinks it is.

But I like him, and understand its hard to keep up with fresh content.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back