Talion Talion 4 Electronics upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaqout

Reaction score
Hi all I am new to the hobby and I am looking to upgrade my stock electronics for my V4 Talion to avoid overheating/go faster....Any suggestions on esc/motor etc.?

I’m looking at the talion speed pinion and am nervous about overheating too. Will throw a fan on the motor for now

I am also in the same boat. I would put a max6 combo in but it’s pretty heavy and I don’t want it to weigh down the talion. I run the stock katars with a motor fan and the stock 13t pinion and my esc and motor still get pretty warm. Warmer than I’d like.

Hi all I am new to the hobby and I am looking to upgrade my stock electronics for my V4 Talion to avoid overheating/go faster....Any suggestions on esc/motor etc.?
Maybe a Max 6 with something like a Leopard 4092 1730kv or the hobbystar 4092 1480kv? Not speaking from experience but they are 2 combo's I've been thinking about testing out on the kraton as I too don't want the weight that the 4895 max combo motor brings!.. Has anyone run either of these motors with the Max 6?

Maybe a Max 6 with something like a Leopard 4092 1730kv or the hobbystar 4092 1480kv? Not speaking from experience but they are 2 combo's I've been thinking about testing out on the kraton as I too don't want the weight that the 4895 max combo motor brings!.. Has anyone run either of these motors with the Max 6?
Yes my talion v2 had a 1730kv 4092 and max6 ran 6 and 8s. Got pretty hot on stock gearing with src terrain crushers
Too hot to touch within 5 min of light street use

Yes my talion v2 had a 1730kv 4092 and max6 ran 6 and 8s. Got pretty hot on stock gearing with src terrain crushers
Too hot to touch within 5 min of light street use
That's got me re-thinking then ?
May have to start thinking about splashing out the extra for the Castle set up as heard loads of good reports how it runs cooler the the average!... forget who mentioned it but you can buy direct from castle which makes it a fair bit cheaper in the UK!

That's got me re-thinking then ?
May have to start thinking about splashing out the extra for the Castle set up as heard loads of good reports how it runs cooler the the average!... forget who mentioned it but you can buy direct from castle which makes it a fair bit cheaper in the UK!
I run a max6/hobbystar 4092 in all my rigs, my talion with the 1730kv persuasion on 24/46 gearing... I run dual fans right now but I'm going to be experimenting with a hobbywing heat sink and a better 50mm fan. It ran fine though on those gears and setup with the yeah racing dual fans. I run the Outcast 4s tires on mine.

IF you are looking for bashing speed, then definitely Max 6 with either the HobbyStar 1450 or 1650 KV motors. Gear up until you get to top of heat range after 7-8 minutes hard bashing. Speed runs you can take it up a notch. Max 6 with TP 4070. Gear it up to the top of heat range after 2-3 speed runs.

IF you are looking for bashing speed, then definitely Max 6 with either the HobbyStar 1450 or 1650 KV motors. Gear up until you get to top of heat range after 7-8 minutes hard bashing. Speed runs you can take it up a notch. Max 6 with TP 4070. Gear it up to the top of heat range after 2-3 speed runs.
Thanks this is helpful!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back