Talion Talion 6s A-arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephB

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Was out today having some fun on a dirt road and noticed my front passenger side wheel wasn't looking quite right. After further inspection I noticed I had pulled the end out of the lower a-arm. Is this a common issue with this model? Should I just replace with factory part or is there something better?

Attachments

• 20200510_172548.jpg
    20200510_172548.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 70
Not very common but not unusal if you had some hard landings or similar. Screw it back in and see how it stays. You could use superglue or other means as well. Nice upgrade are RPM arms.

Was out today having some fun on a dirt road and noticed my front passenger side wheel wasn't looking quite right. After further inspection I noticed I had pulled the end out of the lower a-arm. Is this a common issue with this model? Should I just replace with factory part or is there something better?
If the metal screw into plastic doesn't quite hold like you want, an easy to try fix can be some plumber's teflon tape. Dirt cheap and adds a little more grab.
I haven't encountered this issue with my Talion but happens often on my Outcast / Noto.
I know lots of guys have success with RPM but I don't break em so far and have a set of stock backed up for my Talion. I even hit a culvert and cut into my Talion front arm but still haven't switched it out because the thing still sails and no issues yet. Still I'd buy RPM if I wanted an upgrade after reading so much success here.

1589168840425.png

Sometimes having the pillow ball adjusted too tight will have a ratchet effect and unscrew them as the suspension works. Some will just unscrew and some will pull out of the thread (no screwing at all). And then some are just fine and last and last. For the ones that unscrew I use this. Also good for stripped chassis screws...
1589204512727.jpeg

If the metal screw into plastic doesn't quite hold like you want, an easy to try fix can be some plumber's teflon tape. Dirt cheap and adds a little more grab.
I haven't encountered this issue with my Talion but happens often on my Outcast / Noto.
I know lots of guys have success with RPM but I don't break em so far and have a set of stock backed up for my Talion. I even hit a culvert and cut into my Talion front arm but still haven't switched it out because the thing still sails and no issues yet. Still I'd buy RPM if I wanted an upgrade after reading so much success here.

View attachment 79553
Thanks for the insight and advice. Also, now that I think about it, I was not happy with the 15kg servo that came stock so I threw in a ProTek 370TBL that I had. Works great but maybe too great.

That servo is overkill and slow at the 6V the ESC can provide, it will also overload the ESC. Stock ESC BEC can supply 3A continuous with 12A spike and your servo has a stall current of 6A. Disaster waiting to happen. You want a 25kg class servo to be happy with the steering.

That servo is overkill and slow at the 6V the ESC can provide, it will also overload the ESC. Stock ESC BEC can supply 3A continuous with 12A spike and your servo has a stall current of 6A. Disaster waiting to happen. You want a 25kg class servo to be happy with the steering.
What servo would you recommend? Looking for reliability and functionality over price.

Servos: I use the DS in my Talion and the PowerHD in my Kraton. No reason other than I didn't know about the DS one beforehand.
You want fastest time and highest torque at lowest voltage. You want waterproof and metal gears.
DS3225MG
Power HD DW25LV (the 23kg I found to be too weak for the Kraton with backflip tires)
Savox Sw1210SG (needs 7.4V to be useful, not recommended for stock ESC power)

Other options out there as well.

Pulling those threads was one of the main reasons I was replacing arms (lots of track crashes, cartwheels, lawn darts, etc. ?) so I bought one of these cheap M6 helicoil sets and keep it in my tool box.
99D1999B-F071-4D30-8F71-A4BF41D28FAE.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132871462165
If I get one that won’t snug up I can fix it up and get more than twice the life out of them now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back