Talion Talion 6s BLX Bumpers/Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatRARAguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey y'all
Just ordered my Talion 6s BLX and was wondering what are the first things I should do/buy for my RC?
My dad has a Kraton 6s V4 I think and he has a TBR wide bumper on his and Id want something like that. I have a charger and batteries, but just wanted to know what things might need to be upgraded out of the box. I want to buy a front bumper for mine right out the gate but don't see many options directly for the Talion. Let me know what you guys think.

the wheels are a pain in the butt to clean and they get very dirty very fast
the servo is garbage (need i say more)
i got the stainless steel screw set from rcscrewz (i think it was the name but idk also u should get the bearings also)
the chasis might bend depending on how well you abuse it i would recommend the JBI rc chasis they have 2 options idk if the price affects the quality
the dusty motor chasis cover
if i think of any other ones i will let u know :)

For the Talion, you can use the RPM Kraton bumper, I'd get the Kraton EXB bumper but they are hard to find.
I was talking to a rep from TBR and he said that the EXB bumpers don't fit the BLX's?

I'm assuming you got a V4 , research the radio topic , would not drive it on that !!!!! T-bone basher front / rear bumpers ,
Aluminum chassis braces ,
Powerhobby motor heat sink / dual fan combo ( use 1 fan ) , keep other as spare for when that one breaks , that's it , wait for the arms to break , when do , RPM 's .
For free , duct tape holes inside rims , vent the tires .
IMO , no need to change servo , esc ,motor yet .

I'm assuming you got a V4 , research the radio topic , would not drive it on that !!!!! T-bone basher front / rear bumpers ,
Aluminum chassis braces ,
Powerhobby motor heat sink / dual fan combo ( use 1 fan ) , keep other as spare for when that one breaks , that's it , wait for the arms to break , when do , RPM 's .
For free , duct tape holes inside rims , vent the tires .
IMO , no need to change servo , esc ,motor yet .
Can you recommend a different radio?

I really like the Futaba 3PV , can hold 20 models in it , around $129 give or take . Very easy to use , a lot of adjustments , very responsive ( It used to be my radio I'd race with , very connected feeling with it ) . There are some other radios that people here like that are $50 ish . Dumbo RC I think .

the wheels are a pain in the butt to clean and they get very dirty very fast
the servo is garbage (need i say more)
i got the stainless steel screw set from rcscrewz (i think it was the name but idk also u should get the bearings also)
the chasis might bend depending on how well you abuse it i would recommend the JBI rc chasis they have 2 options idk if the price affects the quality
the dusty motor chasis cover
if i think of any other ones i will let u know :)
I never saw any wheel that didn't get any dirtier than the next????🤷‍♂️
Did I miss something here that others are seeing?:LOL:
I didn't like RC Screwz. I got screwed. Missing stuff that is soft and strips anyway. Just Bling.
DM chassis covers suck. Have 4 of them.
All RTR servos suck. Get a cheap DS3235 35kg AMZ servo and be done with that.
M2C chassis are a better direct fit. Works nicer with Stock side guards etc. Stronger and lighter than JBI IMHO.
I'll let you know more.
And others have their favorites also.:cool:

I am not saying it is easier to get them dirty but the main prob i have with them is there are like 16 little whatever ya call em that my toothbrush (for my car...duh) can't fit into so the dirt gets stuck in the separations between the wheels and is a pain to make it look good (it took 3hrs to clean it to ok looking)
I have v3 and it has a good transmitter ttx330 i think is what it is it is around 50 bucks but also it is simple

Wheels = water hose i.e. no effort to clean 🤷‍♂️
Just seen an EXB bumper on a V4 Kraton, I'm sure it can be made to fit? Honestly do not know but don't see why not. Some DIY required.

I have a complete Tbone body roll cage and front bumper/skid plate I’m fixing to sell. Used in good shape. I’d sell it for half price of new and ship for $10.

78726C2E-C424-47B8-8B7B-27C242555BDC.jpeg

590CB6C9-DDBC-4782-B355-8C1EB8EC0CDD.jpeg

E922B20A-C035-4FD8-AE6B-E2E8742BF050.jpeg

885B6E83-46B0-4653-AFE0-F460A00FDEFA.jpeg

43627255-7BC8-4D04-9B13-AB88A1C87490.jpeg

Hey y'all
Just ordered my Talion 6s BLX and was wondering what are the first things I should do/buy for my RC?
My dad has a Kraton 6s V4 I think and he has a TBR wide bumper on his and Id want something like that. I have a charger and batteries, but just wanted to know what things might need to be upgraded out of the box. I want to buy a front bumper for mine right out the gate but don't see many options directly for the Talion. Let me know what you guys think.
thatRARAguy,
I too just got a Talion 6x BLX, done 3 drives so far. I assume since you just ordered it is the latest version (V5.) Most of the kraton 6x V5 is identical on the talion. I got the EXB bumper below and it fits fine, did it's job today as I ran into a pine tree (good thing relatively centered so I didn't bust my second front suspension arm.) I put RPM front arms on after the first casualty, those are below too. Much more stable/less slop than the stock ones. Just put on the EXB front and rear aluminum chassis braces, and going to put on the EXB aluminum servo mount as well (have to get some more screws, 4x m3 x 12 socket heads.) New to all this and it pisses me off they don't give you the hardware you need to install, so you have to figure out what you need and get it. For the EXB bumper you'll need 2x m3 x 10 flat heads, 2x m3 x 10 button heads, and 3x m4 x 12 flat heads. The front chassis brace says you have to get the EXB aluminum top plate for it to work, but you can just drill out the hole in the red plate for an m4 (need an m4 x 12 socket head for that too.) On my list are RPM rear arms and mud guards (the back suspension gets blasted with everything from the front wheels.) I'll change out the servo if it craps (but I've read the aluminum mount helps a lot, others suggest a 35 kg-cm as a replacement.) The radio did seem to glitch on me once when I was way out but has been ok other than that. I'll probably upgrade in the relatively near future (and perhaps see what a pos it is once I have a "good" one?) I also shimmed the wheel bearings to take the slop out of wheel hubs (see my other post for details.) Happy bashing. I'm in trouble, this is an addiction.

bumper.jpg

rpm.jpg

thatRARAguy,
I too just got a Talion 6x BLX, done 3 drives so far. I assume since you just ordered it is the latest version (V5.) Most of the kraton 6x V5 is identical on the talion. I got the EXB bumper below and it fits fine, did it's job today as I ran into a pine tree (good thing relatively centered so I didn't bust my second front suspension arm.) I put RPM front arms on after the first casualty, those are below too. Much more stable/less slop than the stock ones. Just put on the EXB front and rear aluminum chassis braces, and going to put on the EXB aluminum servo mount as well (have to get some more screws, 4x m3 x 12 socket heads.) New to all this and it pisses me off they don't give you the hardware you need to install, so you have to figure out what you need and get it. For the EXB bumper you'll need 2x m3 x 10 flat heads, 2x m3 x 10 button heads, and 3x m4 x 12 flat heads. The front chassis brace says you have to get the EXB aluminum top plate for it to work, but you can just drill out the hole in the red plate for an m4 (need an m4 x 12 socket head for that too.) On my list are RPM rear arms and mud guards (the back suspension gets blasted with everything from the front wheels.) I'll change out the servo if it craps (but I've read the aluminum mount helps a lot, others suggest a 35 kg-cm as a replacement.) The radio did seem to glitch on me once when I was way out but has been ok other than that. I'll probably upgrade in the relatively near future (and perhaps see what a pos it is once I have a "good" one?) I also shimmed the wheel bearings to take the slop out of wheel hubs (see my other post for details.) Happy bashing. I'm in trouble, this is an addiction.

View attachment 128214

View attachment 128215
Thanks for all the info! I ordered the ARA106048 and I think that's the latest? I'm probably just going to replace things with better parts if/when they break. What sort of shims did you put in the wheel bearings? I'm probably gonna replace the radio just to not take any risks, I've seen a lot of posts on here about the STX2 being the worst. I was looking at the Flysky GT3B which seems like a good bang for buck option.
I have a complete Tbone body roll cage and front bumper/skid plate I’m fixing to sell. Used in good shape. I’d sell it for half price of new and ship for $10.

View attachment 128191

View attachment 128192

View attachment 128193

View attachment 128194

View attachment 128196
Appreciate the offer but I think I'm gonna go with the RPM one

Last edited:
Yes, the ARA106048 is the latest and one I just got as well. Replacing as it breaks sounds like a plan, one I'm going to have to heed so I don't go broke. SrC recommended Tekno # TKR1222 shims. 13id x 16 od x .1mm. None in stock at the hobby store. I had some 10x16x.3mm ones from work I used on the fronts, each took two of these for a nice feel. Rear took one each of these but need a little more (two at this thickness was too tight.) Got some 10x16x.1mm ones coming tomorrow to finish the rear, got from McMaster-Carr #98055A117, $7.93 for 50. Should last a while. Somewhere I saw a list of recommended radios, I think that one might have been on the list.

to anybody with a v5 talion does it make sense for me to get the new motor mount also if i get the motor mount i do need to get the center diff holder updated so the new top will fit bc the old top doesn't work with the new mount also i would get the thing that goes on top to make it so if it rolls over the top won't dent

If you get alu braces get M2c for a few $ more, they have chassis locks that will prevent the screw from snapping and come with all hardware incl drill.
For screw also check monsterbolts on eBay. McMaster always kills me on shipping.

to anybody with a v5 talion does it make sense for me to get the new motor mount also if i get the motor mount i do need to get the center diff holder updated so the new top will fit bc the old top doesn't work with the new mount also i would get the thing that goes on top to make it so if it rolls over the top won't dent
There is no V5 Talion yet , it's still a V4 ( STX2 radio ) .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back