Talion Talion 6S, keep breaking rear diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankestein

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
The Talion is a beast, takes a beating in asphalt, dirt, mud, water, but when I got aero is when things get bad.

This is the 2nd time the Talion rear diff case cracks at the two silly side bolts and upper fork like plastic area.

Installing a a stiffer tower wont do as its tje diff casing to tower support that cracks. Makes no sense how they made the tower be held by some whimpy bolts at the bottom. Also, the rear brace is held by a bolt, there is nothing preventing the tower once it gives up to rotate forward.

Does anyone have tower to tower pics for inspiration? or any other ideas, I don't know, a cnc diff case so this stuffdoes not happen anymore, seriously is the only thing always holding the truck back when bashing.
20190720_191122.jpg

Attachments

• 20190720_191105.jpg
    20190720_191105.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190720_212830.jpg
    20190720_212830.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 89
I know some people who have had broken cases have gone to the aluminum ones.

Just looking at your pics, how big are those tires?
I'd suggest that you check that you are getting proper travel of the suspension. You want the chassis to slap the ground on landings, not the shocks to bottom out and transfer the load into the tower (and the diff case).

The hinging effect of the Arrma design is a weak point. It is helped by stronger parts but it still leaves something to be desired. It is leftover from Team Durango buggy designs.
For bashing the hinging needs to be minimal transferring the energy down to a stout chassis. I’ve done away with the wing mount and made more positive keyed connections between the bulkhead, tower, brace and chassis. This is my Kraton, I’ve yet to crack a diff case. More worried about the 4 chassis bolts pulling through the plastic.
I do not have the energy to make these in volume but some manufacturer needs to go out on a limb and make custom parts instead of stronger Arrma parts. If I can do this with no computer, cad or cnc surely they can...
3D25E40D-5F8E-4CF0-B604-33D787CF7275.jpeg

At least for now I made my own bracket, its solid and I think is more than enough. There is only one way to find out je je!

On dry asphalt and low grass its easier to lift the front wheels, feels more snappy, I did remove the rear sway bar as I lost during the bashing the support plastic lip.

20190721_173936.jpg

Attachments

• 20190721_174007.jpg
    20190721_174007.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 20190721_173958.jpg
    20190721_173958.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190721_173951.jpg
    20190721_173951.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
i love option parts alot :)

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA220050

FEATURES:
Anodized aluminum diff case and hard wearing steel diff case face plate for increased durability - Precision manufactured for reliable fit - Set includes diff gaskets, gear shims and screws required for diff rebuild
INCLUDES:
1 x Aluminum Diff Case Body
1 x Steel Diff Case Face Plate
2 x Diff Gaskets
4 x Gear Shim
8 x M3 x 8mm Button Head Screw

REQUIRES:
This set can be used to convert AR220029 - CENTRE DIFF SET 50T (1pc), AR220041 - F/R DIFF SET 43T SPIRAL (1pc) or AR220028 - F/R DIFF SET 43T STRAIGHT (1pc) in ARRMA 6S BLX models

arrma option diff.jpg

This fits all 6S BLX models right?
?
????????????????????????????????????

arrma option diff 2.jpg

Is this for Rear only?

Or will this also fit in Front ?

There is couple Brands out there

Arrma Original Option part
Yeah Racing
GPM
Maybe couple more also ?

The Blue GPM i show down in Picture now , this fits both Front and Rear i have read.

The Arrma must then also fit Front and Rear i hope ???
????

b_mak011.jpg

The Original Arrma Option Part looks best to med.
Because it has Gasket Shims and other stuff too Included i Believe ? ? or ?

I know the other brands cost only 15-20 bucks.

Does anyone know the price of that ARRMA Option Metall Diff Case with Shims and the other stuff in First picture ?

FEATURES:
Anodized aluminum diff case and hard wearing steel diff case face plate for increased durability - Precision manufactured for reliable fit - Set includes diff gaskets, gear shims and screws required for diff rebuild
INCLUDES:
2 x Diff Gaskets
4 x Gear Shim

REQUIRES:
This set can be used to convert AR220029 - CENTRE DIFF SET 50T (1pc), AR220041 - F/R DIFF SET 43T SPIRAL (1pc) or AR220028 - F/R DIFF SET 43T STRAIGHT (1pc) in ARRMA 6S BLX models

View attachment 43704

?

View attachment 43705

Is this for Rear only?

Yeah Racing
GPM
Maybe couple more also ?

The Blue GPM i show down in Picture now , this fits both Front and Rear i have read.

????

View attachment 43706

Does anyone know the price of that ARRMA Option Metall Diff Case with Shims and the other stuff in First picture ?

FEATURES:
INCLUDES:
2 x Diff Gaskets
4 x Gear Shim

REQUIRES:

View attachment 43704

?

View attachment 43705

Is this for Rear only?

Yeah Racing
GPM
Maybe couple more also ?

????

View attachment 43706

This thread is about bulkheads, those are diff cups..... A lot of threads about those already.

I got sick of breaking rear bulkheads and just stuck the Hot Racing one in there. I only have 2 packs through it but so far so good.

Have two identical motors also. One is a dud. Sometimes you get a badly wound and balanced motor. Its happens. Gets expensive though.
Check the armature shimming. Could be badly assembled.

Have two identical motors also. One is a dud. Sometimes you get a badly wound and balanced motor. Its happens. Gets expensive though.
Check the armature shimming. Could be badly assembled.
I edited that out of my post felt it did not belong here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back