Talion Talion 6s - Mamba Monster 2 and Torx 2200KV 4 pole motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyzane

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
So since HPI ESC and Flux motors are rebranded Castle Creation at least for the 1/8 lineup. I decided to grab an HPI Vorza ESC, Torx 2200 KV motor, and a 6s 40x 4300 mAh SPC battery

Removing the old ESC was probably the hardest part (you have to unscrew the ESC, unscrew the ESC mounting plate, untangle the wires to the receiver and disconnect the wires). Motor came off super easy. knowing how the ESC came off it was rather easy to attach the new one. no screw holes on the new one to mount so out came the heavy duty velcro so i can remove things with ease later if i choose. re run the wires, connect the esc fan and bam ESC is good to go.

Removing the motor was a snap, 5 screws on the bottom of the chassis then the two that mount the motor itself to the transmission, remove the pinion gear and we are good to go. Mounting the new one required smaller screws but they still fit the mount. After grinding the motor heat sinks down a little bit i managed to get everything to fit rather nice. the heat sinks just barely rest on the chassis now so i guess a plus side is i get some extra cooling on the bottom of the motor in some weird thermodynamic way if it really helps that much.

Re-configure the battery tray for a single 6S battery and bam time to program the ESC.... crap I had closed up the receiver already, unseal the receiver plug in the ESC configure with castles "castle link system" re-attach and close everything up. power up, configure ESC with the Transmitter for throttle range. ok we're good......... until you tap the gas and the car goes in reverse. Should be an easy fix so i swapped two cables for the motor and esc and try to re-configure. doesn't work right. Hop into the Castle link again change the configuration for what way the motor is running as "Forward" plug everything back together again. Reconfigure the Transmitter and ESC. BAM everything works great well minus me dropping the Transmitter and the car flying across the room.

Anyways now that all that is done. I took the car out today and ran it. MAN the thing feels like a whole new beast. it ran awesome i couldn't believe the difference. I highly recommend 6s on the Arrma Talion. you can pull wheelies on demand at low speeds but with a little throttle control its an amazing RC. I'm going to grab a wheelie bar next just so when i do pull a wheelie i don't need to worry about flipping the thing over backwards. I'm also thinking of lower the pinion gear down a level as well because it has a ton of speed and for where i drive i can probably do without as high of a top end but we'll see.

I'll Post a couple pictures later of everything in place.

I upgraded mine to a mamba monster 2 as well and with the 17T pinion and 6s it is WAY WAY WAY TOO FAST to control. Fun as heck for a month or so but I did end up breaking the wing off with a backflip wheelie...

How do u think the mamba monster 2 compares to the tekin gen 8?

Having run Castle systems in the past, I ended up with a Tekin RX8G2 4038 2250KV system in my Talion. I would have to say I do feel like I got a lot more power for my money. But that's just my opinion with no real science to back it up ;)

That being said the Hobbywing, Leopard and SkyRC Toro stuff is really nice too for the price.

Hos...

Having run Castle systems in the past, I ended up with a Tekin RX8G2 4038 2250KV system in my Talion. I would have to say I do feel like I got a lot more power for my money. But that's just my opinion with no real science to back it up ;)

That being said the Hobbywing, Leopard and SkyRC Toro stuff is really nice too for the price.

Hos...
thanks for info.Much appreciated

You guys are crazy I have e revo with mambamonster esc and castle brushless motor I also have a e revo with arrma blx speed control arrma 2050 motor and I have a aarrma kraton both trucks with the arrma electronics are faster and more powerful I don't think putting in a mamba monster is a upgrade at all I think it's a down grade my opinion

I have a tekin 2650 and stock esc and on 6s i had to put 1/8 scale buggy wheels on it to keep it on the ground. I leave skid marks on the ground off punch and i have torque steering at half throttle. On truggy tires i ground down the back of the spoiler. And i keep blowning up the front tires at half throttle pulling wheelies. I love the power of the tekin. When esc goes i will buy the rx8 esc to see if it goes faster.

You guys are crazy I have e revo with mambamonster esc and castle brushless motor I also have a e revo with arrma blx speed control arrma 2050 motor and I have a aarrma kraton both trucks with the arrma electronics are faster and more powerful I don't think putting in a mamba monster is a upgrade at all I think it's a down grade my opinion

I have both also in truggies. The castle is a bigger motor and the esc is much more tunable. You will get more power simply because the motor is bigger. If your arrma stuff is running faster there is something wrong with the castle setup.
Plus being that the arrma motor is smaller it will get hot faster.

Also the castle esc is much smoother on throttle engagement.
[DOUBLEPOST=1464044506][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hos...

For racing the tekin setup is much preferred. It's smoother and much better throttle feel. It has a better torque management system than castle (again for racing) for bashing the castle is the winner. Its programming allows for massive amounts of power on the take off. I have had to send my tekin off to get fixed from being banged around a bit where the castle handles the abuse a little better.

I will always use tekin where torque control and throttle response is critical(indoor racing mainly for me) and castle where I might be in danger of being abused

Last edited:
i back to back swapped my truck from the whole arrma system to a mmx/2200kv 1515 motor HUGE differance on both 4s and 6s the castle has way more power and is much more drivable and easy to setup

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back