Talion Talion 6s stiffer suspension springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know of some stiffer suspension springs for my Talion 6s? It is currently using the stock springs.

I'm running 6s with a Max6 and TP4070 so it's quite heavy, and sags a lot.

Thanks

Move the rear springs to the front & put a set of rear V4 Kraton springs in the back...

Same here. I’m bout to toss Mojave ones on and see what that does.

Instead of swapping things around and using springs from other vehicles, isn't it easier to buy a proper set for the Talion, just up the stiffness a bit more?

Last edited:
Tossed in the Mojave fronts. Much better!!
626AE62D-931A-467A-8DE0-44C9AD5C9504.jpeg
ECF79364-447A-46B0-ABA2-FE8ECE419450.jpeg
DA953E5F-DDC6-4129-8209-FBDA73B8E57A.jpeg

Instead of swapping things around and using springs from other vehicles, isn't it easier to buy a proper set for the Talion, just up the stiffness a bit more?
I tried. Maxed out the collars, added 100wt oil...
Mojave ones a tad longer

And the stock Talion springs in the rear?
Yes. I left them and cranked the collars down 1/4” and now has 80wt oil. That’s 100 in front and 80 in rear. She rides like a dream w the big block now.
List of springs is below.
I use the Nero/Big Rock in the front (AR330347), stock Talion V4 in the rear.

Mojave springs have less force, not sure why you want less.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...or-4s-and-most-6s-vehicles.18704/#post-286478
I’m sorry I said it wrong. I used the Mojave front shock which is longer w the talion coil.
So still has talion springs just has Mojave front shock tubes. 100/80.

You are using 100/80W in the shocks? Stock is 2000 and that is a little soft ;)
Seems like this would bottom out when you look at it the wrong way.

Maybe using the wrong terms... all over me today w this thread... lol.
B5032844-7A8F-445D-8C04-86DE4D515CF0.jpeg
I thought stock was 50/50. At least that’s what I read somewhere for my Mojave...
What would 2000cst be in this sense

I got both. Lol. Mojave fronts on talion. Talion on Mojave chasis lol.

I'm so confused... I thought this was a simple question haha

Does the Talion not have some stiffer springs as option parts? I thought most vehicles did... My E-Revo has a selection

See the list, there are no options. Next stiffer is the 65mm Big Rock for the front. Don't change the rear. This is for Talion.

Thanks, but why only change the front and not the rear?

That's quite a bit of an increase in strength though right? Don't want to make it too unbalanced

1605689188667.png

So my new springs arrived today from France (Nero/Big Rock in the front (AR330347))

All I can say is, they're sooo stiff!! Could barely get them on the shock...

First I tried them in the front but that was no good because they were way too stiff and it was sitting at max ride height 100% of the time, and didn't want to screw in the droop screws all the way as it'll just cause unnecessary stress on everything.

So instead I put them in the rear, and then put the rear Talion springs on the front. Still not really happy with the result, the rear is too stiff and so is the front still lol. It's a shame there's no middle ground with the spring options

You should first think of what you are trying to do. Springs are for weight, and transfer of weight. They will impact how the suspension reacts to terrain, especially when going to extremes, but you really want to rely on dampening to control terrain and jump handling. If it bottoms out easily, increase oil weight and/or go for smaller or less holes in the pistons. Stiffer springs will also impact how it bottoms out, but can also result in poorer rough terrain handling. In my opinion, you want to use springs that support the weight of the vehicle, but not impact how the suspension handles rough terrain.

Now...if you are wanting to stiffen things up for better on road handling, that is a different story.

You should first think of what you are trying to do. Springs are for weight, and transfer of weight. They will impact how the suspension reacts to terrain, especially when going to extremes, but you really want to rely on dampening to control terrain and jump handling. If it bottoms out easily, increase oil weight and/or go for smaller or less holes in the pistons. Stiffer springs will also impact how it bottoms out, but can also result in poorer rough terrain handling. In my opinion, you want to use springs that support the weight of the vehicle, but not impact how the suspension handles rough terrain.

Now...if you are wanting to stiffen things up for better on road handling, that is a different story.
Hmm yea, well I just wanted to stiffen everything up a bit so it didn't bottom out so easily, or sag so close to the ground just under normal running conditions... so wanted to stiffen up whilst still maintaining good articulation - now it seems I've stiffened things up but lost that articulation, it's more of a bounce now (especially in the rear).

To be honest, most of my driving is on-road speed runs mixed with some grass blasting. Don't really do jumps or anything like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back