Talion Talion becomes race truggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaserogers48

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share something ive been working on for the past few weeks! So this might be a long post, but im trying to get this thing to a point somebody could copy and take their own car for a weekend of racing. Ive raced for going on 15 years now and about 2 years ago i picked up a tlr typhon which i really like and still run now. I also run a hotbodies e truggy which is great and im extremely comfortable with. Liking the tlr tuned car so much I looked at a talion, knowing partially this is still a durango truck. I found a talion fairly cheap on facebook with some damage and went a picked it up. I didnt have any hope for the servo being worth using but unfortunately when i got home and removed the body it appeared things may have gotten pretty lets say warm at some point. Didnt really matter but i thought i could be cheap and get away with some portion of stock electronics but ultimately just put in a hobbywing setup, paired with a old savox 2270sg servo i had extra. I took the truck apart and refilled the differentials to 7/10/2. Ive ran every truggy under the sun and this is a good starting point to me for oils. I had to lock the servo saver down as my home track has very very high traction and the servo saver gave out no matter what, which concerns me a little as my other trucks is tight but not need to be locked solid like this.
Today i took it to the track for the first time and ran it back to back with the hotbodies. The shocks need rebuilt but the truck was within a second consitantly with my regular truck. So now im going to go back home and fix my front shocks and see where its at. Fortunately i have a track within 5mins of my house so i get a lot of laps in. This is a pic of my hb truck on the left and my tlr typhon and talion on right. Will report back soon!

20230321_163431.jpg

Just wanted to share something ive been working on for the past few weeks! So this might be a long post, but im trying to get this thing to a point somebody could copy and take their own car for a weekend of racing. Ive raced for going on 15 years now and about 2 years ago i picked up a tlr typhon which i really like and still run now. I also run a hotbodies e truggy which is great and im extremely comfortable with. Liking the tlr tuned car so much I looked at a talion, knowing partially this is still a durango truck. I found a talion fairly cheap on facebook with some damage and went a picked it up. I didnt have any hope for the servo being worth using but unfortunately when i got home and removed the body it appeared things may have gotten pretty lets say warm at some point. Didnt really matter but i thought i could be cheap and get away with some portion of stock electronics but ultimately just put in a hobbywing setup, paired with a old savox 2270sg servo i had extra. I took the truck apart and refilled the differentials to 7/10/2. Ive ran every truggy under the sun and this is a good starting point to me for oils. I had to lock the servo saver down as my home track has very very high traction and the servo saver gave out no matter what, which concerns me a little as my other trucks is tight but not need to be locked solid like this.
Today i took it to the track for the first time and ran it back to back with the hotbodies. The shocks need rebuilt but the truck was within a second consitantly with my regular truck. So now im going to go back home and fix my front shocks and see where its at. Fortunately i have a track within 5mins of my house so i get a lot of laps in. This is a pic of my hb truck on the left and my tlr typhon and talion on right. Will report back soon!

View attachment 287165
I don't know if you know this but the typhon tlr is the only arrma to come with bearings in the steering bellcrank. Your talion has bushings unless you already knew and changed em. Nice builds btw! (y)

I don't know if you know this but the typhon tlr is the only arrma to come with bearings in the steering bellcrank. Your talion has bushings unless you already knew and changed em. Nice builds btw! (y)
I noticed it seems so strange, you know usually a rtr car is one way or the other full bushing or full bearing, plus with it being so small, very weird route to take thats for sure

Right now working on the shocks, im highly considering just ordering a new set of shocks from the tlr typhon to put on the truck. The tlr tuned shock is the same length as my current hotbodies truck, i feel like the talion will benefit as i think the factory shocks are almost too long. This creates lots of droop which might be great for bashing or rough but our track is very very smooth. Right now ill continue with the stock stuff and see where i can get it.

View attachment 287165
Awesome job. Post some video...I wanna see I wanna see

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back