Talion Talion blown tires!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikingBeck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
So I just got a talion With 2 different sets of wheels and tires. First trip out I blew one of them up. I figured no big deal I have another set. I swapped them last night and took it out today, sure enough I blew another one up on the other set! tire shredded and foam flew everywhere. Has anyone else had the same thing or did I just catch bad luck on two different sets of tires? What are you guys running that has worked well on the Talion? I’ve never blown a tire on my Kraton or Outcast....

You need to inspect them before running. The Talion with the speed gear is much faster than a Kraton or OC6S

was it the fronts?
Believe it or not it was front right, and then back left.
You need to inspect them before running. The Talion with the speed gear is much faster than a Kraton or OC6S
It is a whole separate animal that for sure! I haven’t even put the speed gear in it yet tho.

It is a whole separate animal that for sure! I haven’t even put the speed gear in it yet tho.
Wow then maybe just diffs being too open then. ??‍♂️

I’ve cracked a couple Talion wheels but never blown a tire.

ok. As @jondilly1974 said above, check the tyres are glued well all the way around beads. also may be worth changing the centre diff oil to thicker oil. maybe bleeding too much power to fronts.

First set i ran where cityblocks next set was the Katars. What are you guys running?
I will swap the diff oil before I blow up a 3rd set! Thank you guys

On my Talion I run LP Minokawa, Katar, LP Backflip pretty much in that order of preference. For the surfaces I play, it's how I roll.
The stock Katar have cracked on landings and split on a baseball diamond but none have come unglued until I stuck em on the Mojave.
Im my opinion, most tire trouble comes from diffs not being addressed- as mentioned.

On my Talion I run LP Minokawa, Katar, LP Backflip pretty much in that order of preference. For the surfaces I play, it's how I roll.
The stock Katar have cracked on landings and split on a baseball diamond but none have come unglued until I stuck em on the Mojave.
Im my opinion, most tire trouble comes from diffs not being addressed- as mentioned.
Thank you sir

Hard to see in the second pic but it’s right down the center
Has anyone tried the backflip lp’s on the talion yet? Wondering if that’s the way to go for the next set ?

Attachments

• 51D5F6A0-3EF3-495D-AF01-7ECA8B9AED7C.jpeg
    51D5F6A0-3EF3-495D-AF01-7ECA8B9AED7C.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 09F67ED3-7BFD-44A9-96E2-B6145BF2DF87.jpeg
    09F67ED3-7BFD-44A9-96E2-B6145BF2DF87.jpeg
    396.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hard to see in the second pic but it’s right down the center
Has anyone tried the backflip lp’s on the talion yet? Wondering if that’s the way to go for the next set ?

Yes. Backflip LP are outstanding and my third choice for this light truck. They will serve you very well.

BackFlip lps on my Talion
IMG_2371.JPG

size comparison between stock Katars and backflip lps
IMG_2370.JPG

I went with backflip lps mostly due to tire diameters being so close
kater 5.71"
backflip lp 6.06"
I felt I could go back and forth between the two and maintain same pinion count. I haven't had enough run time on the BFlps to tell which I like better due to constant rain here in the south east
hope this helps

BackFlip lps on my TalionView attachment 66545
size comparison between stock Katars and backflip lps
View attachment 66546
I went with backflip lps mostly due to tire diameters being so close
kater 5.71"
backflip lp 6.06"
I felt I could go back and forth between the two and maintain same pinion count. I haven't had enough run time on the BFlps to tell which I like better due to constant rain here in the south east
hope this helps
Thank you for that info. The back flips have been ordered!

Thank you for that info. The back flips have been ordered!

If you were able to get the Backflip LP ordered and shipped, you did well. They're very popular and from time to time hard to get. They are my *now current favorite tire across the board. I run em on my Noto exclusively but I'm sure you'll love em anywhere you put em on 6s. Just got a set in yesterday and ran today and the new set was perfectly glued, absolutely perfect out of the package.
I love this LP tire and I think they could be the best wheel and tire set I've ever experienced from Arrma and dBoots. I have five 6s trucks with all different paws and these are the fkn MAN! in my opinion. You will love them!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back