Talion build with M2C, Voltage, GKA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrisy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I figured this would be the best way to about this. I purchased everything separately.

-M2C chassis and skid plates
-Voltage towers (the flat black is niiiice) and hinge pin braces. I went with the V2 Talion/V3 Kraton towers instead, along with V3 Kraton shocks.
-GKA chassis braces

Ordered the stock parts from JRC. Got the V4 motor mount (which will eventually be upgraded to a M2C) and V3 steering/bellcrank since I've been hearing some weird things about the V4. Hobbystar 1730kv, gonna try it with both a Max8 and Max6. Also got a deal on a used unbreakable body on eBay so that'll be the cherry on top.

Shout out to all these awesome companies, I can't wait to get this thing built and flying!

Attachments

• IMG_20190429_145014.jpg
    IMG_20190429_145014.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 116
Those flat black Voltage towers look tempting, I almost grabbed a set yesterday, looks like an awesome build. The Hobbystar 1730 is a fantastic motor, I got one paired with a Max 6 and it's been great so far.

Those flat black Voltage towers look tempting, I almost grabbed a set yesterday, looks like an awesome build. The Hobbystar 1730 is a fantastic motor, I got one paired with a Max 6 and it's been great so far.
I was torn between the 1480 and 1730. We'll see what happens but I'm sure I'll be happy with this one

I figured this would be the best way to about this. I purchased everything separately.

-Voltage towers (the flat black is niiiice) and hinge pin braces. I went with the V2 Talion/V3 Kraton towers instead, along with V3 Kraton shocks.
-GKA chassis braces

Ordered the stock parts from JRC. Got the V4 motor mount (which will eventually be upgraded to a M2C) and V3 steering/bellcrank since I've been hearing some weird things about the V4. Hobbystar 1730kv, gonna try it with both a Max8 and Max6. Also got a deal on a used unbreakable body on eBay so that'll be the cherry on top.

Shout out to all these awesome companies, I can't wait to get this thing built and flying!
Keep us up to date with the build. Looks to be a wicked ride when completed.

-GKA chassis braces

looks like your in the same boat I am ... only thing your missing is the other voltage hobbies suspension arm pin supports rear set and front rear if I'm right lol

I ordered the flat black towers yesterday for my Noto. They do look good! I'm glad because it's all they had in stock and thought I might de-anodize to get back the brushed aluminum look. I don't think I will now because they look great on your bench!
Looks like you have an awesome build in the works. I'll be following along. (y)?

looks like your in the same boat I am ... only thing your missing is the other voltage hobbies suspension arm pin supports rear set and front rear if I'm right lol

Exactly! I had the Talion accessories package from JRC so I figured I'd use those since I have them on hand. I've never had a problem with them breaking in the past but I'll do it eventually. Hopefully they come out in flat black.

I ordered the flat black towers yesterday for my Noto. They do look good! I'm glad because it's all they had in stock and thought I might de-anodize to get back the brushed aluminum look. I don't think I will now because they look great on your bench!
Looks like you have an awesome build in the works. I'll be following along. (y)?

The black is awesome. Debating getting the chassis braces too, even though I already have GKA and they are wonderful.

Had a little time today so I serviced all three diffs. 60k f, 125k c, 20kr. I'll roll with this and see how it goes. I think I got V4 diffs because they all had shims under the sun gears and on the bearing as well. I added shims to the planetary gears and got the shock towers on. Tonight I'll be getting the loctite out and getting to work on the rest.

Attachments

• IMG-20190430-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20190430-WA0008.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20190430_145659.jpg
    IMG_20190430_145659.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 45
Exactly! I had the Talion accessories package from JRC so I figured I'd use those since I have them on hand. I've never had a problem with them breaking in the past but I'll do it eventually. Hopefully they come out in flat black.

The black is awesome. Debating getting the chassis braces too, even though I already have GKA and they are wonderful.

Had a little time today so I serviced all three diffs. 60k f, 125k c, 20kr. I'll roll with this and see how it goes. I think I got V4 diffs because they all had shims under the sun gears and on the bearing as well. I added shims to the planetary gears and got the shock towers on. Tonight I'll be getting the loctite out and getting to work on the rest.
he has been out of stock for awhile man and told me about 2 or three weeks ago it could take six weeks to restock unfortunately

Yeah it's unfortunate. Maybe they'll come out with some flat blacks for those as well
I like the flat black but my build has more polished stuff on it so I'm happy with the regular finish to match the rest of the ones I have

Attachments

• 20190429_182734.jpg
    20190429_182734.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 67
I've just installed some rubber under the back, it is long and does need some support in my opinion.

Could you post a pic? I'm curious. Been looking up pics of peoples builds. Some guys are using a Habao motor mount with the stock chassis but it requires drilling. I wouldn't mind with a stock chassis but I really don't want to drill the M2C

Could you post a pic? I'm curious. Been looking up pics of peoples builds. Some guys are using a Habao motor mount with the stock chassis but it requires drilling. I wouldn't mind with a stock chassis but I really don't want to drill the M2C
I don't really have a photo of it and I'm about to rebuild my rig with a m2c chassis, so can post a pic later. It's just a thick piece of rubber glued to the chassis, but you could glue it to the motor if you don't want to put it on the chassis? The only photo I have is this one(after I wrapped my Kraton around a log).
20190421_163522.jpg
Even just some wetsuit will help, it's mainly to stop the motor hitting the chassis, it won't stop it flexing up.

Been a few weeks but I'm almost done. I happened to find a couple deals on a Hobbystar 1600kv 4082 and a Typhon M2C chassis so I have been trying to build both at the same time.

Anyways, last night I extended the motor wires on both motors. According to RCJuice, the way these are soldered makes it super difficult to just swap out wires so I had to cut and splice/solder more wire together. I'm not proficient with a soldering iron by any means, but I found a pretty cool method on YouTube where the wires are spliced together and then wrapped together with a thinner wire. I attached a pic of that as well for anyone looking to do the same. I wanted to be able to rotate the motor to the side and also use the retainer clip on the ESC tray. I also added some braided sleeve. I'm sure this is purely aesthetic, I had a certain look in mind.

I've just got a few things to do before they're ready. Hot Racing wing mount braces will also be going into both (2 for $26 on eBay was hard to pass up). Also got bodies painted for both, so I'll be posting final photos of both the Talion and Typhon builds sometime next week!

Attachments

• IMG_20190524_111754.jpg
    IMG_20190524_111754.jpg
    646.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20190524_032127.jpg
    IMG_20190524_032127.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 73
Been a few weeks but I'm almost done. I happened to find a couple deals on a Hobbystar 1600kv 4082 and a Typhon M2C chassis so I have been trying to build both at the same time.

Anyways, last night I extended the motor wires on both motors. According to RCJuice, the way these are soldered makes it super difficult to just swap out wires so I had to cut and splice/solder more wire together. I'm not proficient with a soldering iron by any means, but I found a pretty cool method on YouTube where the wires are spliced together and then wrapped together with a thinner wire. I attached a pic of that as well for anyone looking to do the same. I wanted to be able to rotate the motor to the side and also use the retainer clip on the ESC tray. I also added some braided sleeve. I'm sure this is purely aesthetic, I had a certain look in mind.

I've just got a few things to do before they're ready. Hot Racing wing mount braces will also be going into both (2 for $26 on eBay was hard to pass up). Also got bodies painted for both, so I'll be posting final photos of both the Talion and Typhon builds sometime next week!
Very nice job, well done!

The V2 Talion (the one w the Spiderman style body) has shims under all the gears; sun, spider, and bearings... in the diffs

*usually I try not to make the solder at the same spot for all of them, and that looms fishy as hell, put more solder. The wire is equal distance but not the cut of each wire, but toneach its own. I would use a complete wire or a connector, regardless. I have tested connectors vs direct solder, its very minimal in resistance, about 2 or 3 ohms, and no issues w heat.

Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back