Talion Chassis is Very Soft Metal. Bends very easy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new Talion is awesome! Still love the Outcast but it jumps 10x smoother. It is also amazing how much more the chassis flexes being a few inches longer. You can feel it just by compressing by hand. That T2T setup is def important. Especially when you are jumping it 100+ like Thomas... lol

Tp Extreme.. Thank you Brother!!! for the great video on you tube about creating a functional tower to tower brace. Mate it has been a game changer in how much more run time we can get out of bashing these beasts . a few bucks at the hardware store and no more bent chassis on rigs since installing brace this way
If you would like to really reduce the chances of bent chassis then you gotta do yourself a favor,check this out, on Tp extremes you tube channel
cheers

Ies thank you for the warm words brither. I know few don't like it, cus bendt tower..but if we sit down for a few min and reflects..

I started to run this T2T brace back in the MT4-G3 and ZD truck era. Not to save towers, but to save chassis... NOW, they still bend, but far away from without it. And in my case, we talk about 5 years using, it shure saved my towers a bit, gearboxes, braces.

So, my recoendation are, use one. But i don't take responsibility for any trouble. ?

haha....a bent tower is better than cracking all the plastic parts that hold the car together plus the chassis!!

Trying to search bent chassis an this thread showed up. Is the outcast front end of chassis slightly bent upwards or is it supposed to be flat, period???

Trying to search bent chassis an this thread showed up. Is the outcast front end of chassis slightly bent upwards or is it supposed to be flat, period???
I think most aluminum chassis have this bend upwards in the front slightly like an approach angle pretty much. It helps it glide over bumps and rust and stumps etc. Some of my other chassis from different manufactures have the same slight bend up to them so yes I think it’s fairly normal

They all bend up in front...All I know is, I went out bashing with my brother in law and I didnt have the t2t in my talion and he bent the front tower, bent the rear shaft, broke the rear cup slap out and the bearing came dislodged.... If I had the t2t in I would have at worst, a broke front a arm and a taco'd tower...now I have to do a bunch of work on the car....Its a trade off for parts that are easy to fix vs parts that require you to take most of the car apart...
IMG_2817.jpg
IMG_2818.jpg

I have always put it into perspective this way... keep scale in mind.

you are jumping an 1/8 scale vehicle 20’ in the air. could you imagine now a 1/1 scale full size vehicle jumping through the air; wouldn’t the equivelant be 160’ ?

1/8 scale vehicle Hitting a 2” diameter rock. Hitting that same rock with a 1/1 scale full size vehicle would be the equivelant to 16” diameter rock. It is going to cause damage right? Not to mention the speed the 1/8 scale vehicle is traveling when hitting said rock.

https://www.inchcalculator.com/scale-calculator/

They all bend up in front...All I know is, I went out bashing with my brother in law and I didnt have the t2t in my talion and he bent the front tower, bent the rear shaft, broke the rear cup slap out and the bearing came dislodged.... If I had the t2t in I would have at worst, a broke front a arm and a taco'd tower...now I have to do a bunch of work on the car....Its a trade off for parts that are easy to fix vs parts that require you to take most of the car apart...View attachment 25894View attachment 25895
I noticed the rear tower starting to taco after just one run with my 1" square aluminum tube t2t brace. I pulled it in fear of destroying the rear tower. Now you have me panicked about wrecking the rest of the rig. I guess it's easier to straighten a tower than replace all those other parts. I'll put it back on before my next run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back