Talion Talion clicking under braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walking_target

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Talion
I have a Talion v4 which is clicking under braking. I have replaced both input gears with AR310498 10T spiral gears and replaced the crown gears on the diffs with AR310497 43T.

Does that all sound correct? I can’t figure out what I have done wrong and why it is still clicking.

Any help appreciated!

Inside the diff there's a sun gearthat sits on a pin that gos through input cup.probly that pin is broke..it's probably the front diff
Clicking,crunching sound is usely pin.under braking usely front diff.pin will break into a bunch of small pieces.big tires an hard braking will snap pins quik

Attachments

• 20220514_041401.jpg
    20220514_041401.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220514_041412.jpg
    20220514_041412.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Could tear apart an replace for 10ish$ or go to jennyrc a buy a whole new exb diff from a kraton exb or Mojave exb an they are much stronger for 60ish $...always nice to have a backup diff on standby.id go for a front OPEN diff

Screenshot_20220514-090700_Chrome.jpg

Diff shims?
Sun gear pin?
Pinions and spur mesh?
Pinions grub screw?
CVD pins?
What's your ESC brake setting set to?
Have you changed tire sizes or gearing recently?
Did you switch to a very low KV motor?
How are all the teeth looking in all your gears do some of them have knifed/burred edge?

More info may be needed. Is this a new problem or has it all ways happened? Does it only do it lower speed, high speed or all the time?
I would do some diagnostic testing to find the problem before just shelling out $ for parts.

And yes that is the right part numbers for a none EXB talion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back