Talion Talion Cogging with 16t Pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1101mobsquad

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
A little over a year ago I traded my used and abused Traxxas Slash 4x4 for an equally used and abused Aarma Talion. The talion came all M2C out with chassis, braces, and towers. Since then iv gone though the truck and replaced basically everything else. The only stock items that remain are the motor and esc which is the stock blx185 combo. Diffs and housing are brand new front, center, and rear and I am running the 4s backflip tires. I love this truck but I wanted a little more speed and it will not run on a 16t pinion. Punch setting is at 7 on 6s it cogs badly on heavy acc from a start or going up a ramp. If I switch to a 15t this issue is gone. From the research iv done I feel it should be able to handle the 16t even with the larger tires. Anyone think this may be my esc going out? I was going to grab a firma 150 from jenny rc but only if it will solve this issue. Truck is wild on 16t when it doesn't cog, I would love to run this set up all the time. Any suggestions.

I had this issue with one of my Losi’s, and I re-calibrated the radio and it went away. No clue why, and it makes no sense, but it worked. I guess it wasn’t seeing full throttle?

I think you answered your questions already by stating that on 15T the issue is not present. I would say stick with 15 and if you want more speed you may have to look into a larger motor to compensate. I would say if its good on 15 then your esc is fine. my 1/10 scale runs sc tires and on 3s its fine, when on 2s, it cogs when taking off but is fine when at speed. I would have to lower the pinion to compensate but lose top speed. Thats the nature of the beast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back