Talion talion diff click

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flcracker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey yall i have a new talion on my tenth pack run it started to get loud click in the rear diff and started binding so i took the diff out checked inside all was fine and i noticed the inside pinion bearing had alot of slop so i replaced that and all was good for half a batt pack now the clicking is back just like before has anyone had a similarproblem

Hey yall i have a new talion on my tenth pack run it started to get loud click in the rear diff and started binding so i took the diff out checked inside all was fine and i noticed the inside pinion bearing had alot of slop so i replaced that and all was good for half a batt pack now the clicking is back just like before has anyone had a similarproblem

Check all the gears including internals......sounds like either the crown gear or the pinion has a missing tooth. Did you shim your diffs? This is important in all 1/8th scale vehicles. My Talion had lots of side to side movement with the whole diff which would obviously ruin the mesh between pinion and crown resulting in broken teeth. Get some shims to fill the gap and get a good mesh.

Also the diff internals need shimmed to stop the play with the diff out drives......its a little bit of a pain but once its all shimmed correctly you should have no further problems.

There werent any teeth missing when i took it apart the first time but there maybe now and it has one shim on the ring gear side of the diff that was from the factory and also were your housings full of graphite powder and do i have to keep using the powder or can i just put grease on the gears also where can i get shims

There werent any teeth missing when i took it apart the first time but there maybe now and it has one shim on the ring gear side of the diff that was from the factory and also were your housings full of graphite powder and do i have to keep using the powder or can i just put grease on the gears also where can i get shims

There should be no powder of any sort? I got no shims from the factory, had to use three 0.2ml shims to stop the movement on the front and rear diffs.You need to make sure its done correctly as in little to no movement but at the same time have a good mesh withe the crown and pinion.

Tbh i find with the easy access front and rear diffs it is less unscrewing to get to them but with everything still intact its harder to get that sweet mesh. Im prone to doing it the old fashioned way and taking the whole front or rear off when doing anything to the diff.

Oh and yes clean the diff and gearbox casing and apply some grease only after everything else and you already have a good mesh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back