Talion Talion drag race setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesonC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Voltage
So, here's the deal. Friendly wager with a buddy and his 2 speed nitro rc car. I am using a stock V4 Talion with 20t pinion installed. So far all I have done is vent the tires and lowered it with the droop screws and springs. When I first installed the 20t pinion a couple weeks ago, I was really surprised how much it changed the way it drove. It used to never try to wheelie and now I can hardly keep it down. That is why I lowered it all the way, hoping that will help.

So, this is mostly for fun and bragging rights but I can't let some nitro car outrun my Talion so any tips? We are running on asphalt and it will be about 80-100 yd drag race. Thanks guys!

Here is his little nitro car:

Attachments

• Talion.jpg
    Talion.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 93
Took it out last night and it did way better lowered down, barely tried to pull the wheels and spun just a little. Gonna lower the punch like recommended a couple levels and give it a go.

Pretty sure he is wide open in the video but he won't tell me, we have a good time talking junk about it.

I feel like there is zero chance that car runs fast enough but the only thing confusing me is he has a 6s Typhon and knows what these cars are like. We'll find out tomorrow! Oh, and I got him to put $20 on it! :LOL:

He might be baiting you then...I don’t think he’s full throttle if he has a Typhon and knows what he’s up against. It’s gonna be a good and close race! When is it? Are you going to record it and post it here?

Well, we didn't get the race in cause his nitro car broke before we could (shocker.) But I did get to see him run it and it was definitely WOT in that video and he has no shot at outrunning the Talion!

How in the world does he think he can beat you if he has a Typhon? I don’t get it...

Well, he's never put the speed pinion in for starters. But, I think the main reason is that in person, the little nitro car is deceiving. It looks faster than it is because it's so small and makes a ton of noise doing it. He'll learn soon enough.

So, here's the deal. Friendly wager with a buddy and his 2 speed nitro rc car. I am using a stock V4 Talion with 20t pinion installed. So far all I have done is vent the tires and lowered it with the droop screws and springs. When I first installed the 20t pinion a couple weeks ago, I was really surprised how much it changed the way it drove. It used to never try to wheelie and now I can hardly keep it down. That is why I lowered it all the way, hoping that will help.

So, this is mostly for fun and bragging rights but I can't let some nitro car outrun my Talion so any tips? We are running on asphalt and it will be about 80-100 yd drag race. Thanks guys!

Here is his little nitro car:

I’d love to read any answers or ideas or anything bout talions getting at least 90mph. And a good transmitter. I got a blx n a exb talion. Also a kraton. I just. Red a lil of formulas used, n I’ll learn it on my own then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back