Talion Talion EXB carbon edition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed too that the EXB braces don't have the notches in the bottoms..šŸ˜‰
And they are soft as a fresh dog turd. No way theyā€™re 7075.

@Rcproponent did you consider the lightened M2C speed chassis?

And they are soft as a fresh dog turd. No way theyā€™re 7075.

@Rcproponent did you consider the lightened M2C speed chassis?
šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ yes I didnā€™t like how soft the exb braces are..

I did think of the speed chassis. And in fact got one for the ā€œcarbon buildā€ on my typhon. šŸ˜ i absolutely love the speed chassis. With all the cutouts and how light it is... simply beautiful. šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

I was also let down by the lack of notches on the EXB braces, but it turned out to be somewhat useful.
When you want to remove the center diff, the thin plastic braces let you pull that out without an issue, but the thicker braces are in the way of the rear dog bone, so you cannot just pop the center diff out by just remove the 4 screw above the diff. so what i do is remove the rear screw that holds the rear brace and tilt the brace to the side a bit, and that allows me to remove the diff.

With the notches in place, i couldnt tilt the brace, and i would also have to remove the font screw of the rear brace, which is a loctite screw...

I know it's @Rcproponent's thread and his build is tens times nicer than mine, but hope it's ok if i'll post here my somewhat-EXB talion v3 that was recently refreshed.

I've put in:
EXB chassis, braces, ackerman plate, front upper suspension mount and the center diff with 20k oil and 1x face setup (which feels similar to my previous 100k diff).
Also some V5 arms & radio box

P1197365.jpg

P1197361.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's @Rcproponent's thread and his build is tens times nicer than mine, but hope it's ok if i'll post here my somewhat-EXB talion v3 that was recently refreshed.

I've put in:
EXB chassis, braces, ackerman plate, front upper suspension mount and the center diff with 20mil oil and 1x face setup (which feels similar to my previous 100k diff).
Also some V5 arms & radio box

View attachment 121077
View attachment 121076
Of course itā€™s ok šŸ‘ŠšŸ»šŸ‘šŸ» 20m center eh? How you liking that ?? What tires are those ?

20m center??? did i say that? :)
Sorry, my mistake. edited my post. meant 20k!, which due to the slip limiting plates feels like 100k on the normal diff.

Those tires are the Louise T-APOLLO, which sells in the us under the name DuraTrax Badger.

Very similar size to the stock Katar's, only slightly wider.
They are a decent all-around tires. i keep my Katars only for loamy dirt and grass. those are for everything else.

20m center??? did i say that? :)
Sorry, my mistake. edited my post. meant 20k!, which due to the slip limiting plates feels like 100k on the normal diff.

Those tires are the Louise T-APOLLO, which sells in the us under the name DuraTrax Badger.

Very similar size to the stock Katar's, only slightly wider.
They are a decent all-around tires. i keep my Katars only for loamy dirt and grass. those are for everything else.
Ok, šŸ‘ŒšŸ» I was gonna say dang... I donā€™t think those lsd plate lsd plate do a whole lot with 20m šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ haha! I really want some of those heatsink/fans !!

this is build 2 of 4 in my ā€œlight bashā€ builds Iā€™m doing...

Huge shoutout to the @Basherqueen on this one guys. She makes beautiful parts that fit well and hold up to abuse! Donā€™t believe me ask @Rich Duperbash ... here is a video of him putting the parts to the test on his 10th anniversary outcast. ????

Here she is boys, my talion EXB.

max8 combo to keep the balance. Power hobby fans to keep the heat down.
View attachment 118145View attachment 118146View attachment 118147View attachment 118148View attachment 118149View attachment 118150View attachment 118151View attachment 118152View attachment 118153View attachment 118154
You should make and sell those!! That's beast mode!!!!

You should make and sell those!! That's beast mode!!!!
Thanks man! šŸ˜Ž appreciate the kind wordsā€¦ Iā€™d love to build them for people but unfortunately the money is not there šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ soon as something comes out of the package it loses half its value it seems lol.

have a good one!

this is build 2 of 4 in my ā€œlight bashā€ builds Iā€™m doing...

Huge shoutout to the @Basherqueen on this one guys. She makes beautiful parts that fit well and hold up to abuse! Donā€™t believe me ask @Rich Duperbash ... here is a video of him putting the parts to the test on his 10th anniversary outcast. ????

Here she is boys, my talion EXB.

max8 combo to keep the balance. Power hobby fans to keep the heat down.
View attachment 118145View attachment 118146View attachment 118147View attachment 118148View attachment 118149View attachment 118150View attachment 118151View attachment 118152View attachment 118153View attachment 118154
I know where you can get a carbon fiber Chassis for that beast and really call it carbon edition

IMG_20210628_103102999.jpg

FINALLY got this thing out for its first bashā€¦ check it out!

gotta shoutout 3D-RC.. @3d-rc.myshopify.com for their awesome wingmount and opportunity to test! Testing is going well, nearing final product. A few more tweaks and itā€™ll be good to go! Available soon. Keep watch over at 3DRC .. šŸ‘€šŸ‘€šŸ‘https://3d-rc.online/ also donā€™t forget to sign up for the newsletter for all the most up to date info on new/upcoming parts!

Beautiful yes. But is it better than alluminum?
Yes, I believe so.

the word ā€œbetterā€ could mean many different things. I feel like it is better for sure..stronger? Maybe not, especially if weā€™re talking M2C beefcake. But hey, with a crash back warrantyā€¦ šŸ¤”

Last edited:
Well, I started by just going to change out the bumper to the new talion exb bumper ( had the kexb one on it) and I just kept pulling parts outā€¦ I havenā€™t decided if Iā€™m going to do the m2c towers.. I love the Basherqueen ones so Iā€™ll probably keep ā€˜em and throw the m2c ones back in the bin.

The chassis was tweaked at back on the talion exb chassis.. so m2c is going on (which is why Iā€™m putting the rpm arms on) and Iā€™m gonna look for my talion stubs and blocks so I can put it back to talion width.
1D18142A-0092-4586-A96F-ACEB8FD1FBDA.jpeg

Aaaaaaaand itā€™s taken apart..

0B9EC1E2-8812-4033-969D-E0AB6A473514.jpeg
CF4B7BBE-5828-4342-AFBE-3F97F201E762.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back