Talion Talion exb motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashorbust

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
The stock spectrum setup was great, while it lasted. I bought my talion used, so I can't go the warranty route. I'm not looking for an improvement with performance, just something reliable. I also want to keep this thing light, so no need to go big. I was looking at this combo. Curious what you guys think of that. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at other threads and this combo was also mentioned.

If you don't want a power upgrade I think the Max8 for same as stock and weight. Most go with the Max6 to not only have spare power but to also run cooler.

The stock spectrum setup was great, while it lasted. I bought my talion used, so I can't go the warranty route. I'm not looking for an improvement with performance, just something reliable. I also want to keep this thing light, so no need to go big. I was looking at this combo. Curious what you guys think of that. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at other threads and this combo was also mentioned.
The monster x combo would be nice. Make sure you get some fans for the motor and a spare esc fan because you will break a fan blade. I'd suggest an aluminum framed one of the same size.

The second generation MAX8 was just announced but doesn't seem available quite yet - don't know if you want to wait until it does or get one of the older MAX8 combos. Otherwise the 1515 2200kV combo from Castle would work but definitely go with a Mamba Monster X combo and not the Mamba X combo.

The second generation MAX8 was just announced but doesn't seem available quite yet - don't know if you want to wait until it does or get one of the older MAX8 combos. Otherwise the 1515 2200kV combo from Castle would work but definitely go with a Mamba Monster X combo and not the Mamba X combo.
Thanks for the heads up!

Made and taken part in a few threads about this. Having a tough time connecting with a talion I built exb ish spec. Imo the talion drives like a pig with heavy electrics. Tried max6/4092 max6/4985 and it was horrible to drive. Way to heavy. Std blx 6s combo is in and its night and day difference. Plenty fast enough on 18t. I had that combo in the spares bin. If I was shopping for the talion hands down it would be the new max 8 combo.

Made and taken part in a few threads about this. Having a tough time connecting with a talion I built exb ish spec. Imo the talion drives like a pig with heavy electrics. Tried max6/4092 max6/4985 and it was horrible to drive. Way to heavy. Std blx 6s combo is in and its night and day difference. Plenty fast enough on 18t. I had that combo in the spares bin. If I was shopping for the talion hands down it would be the new max 8 combo.
Thank you for your input. That was my main concern. I want to retain the same agility in my talion that I have found to love.

Thank you for your input. That was my main concern. I want to retain the same agility in my talion that I have found to love.
No worries. Quite Honestly a lot of people go on about keeping it light and when I built mine I didn't listen and installed big heavy electrics. Now they're in the spares bin. A kraton/mojave etc will take the heavy electrics and drive nicely no problem, talion won't. You lose everything that makes a talion a talion. đź‘Ť

Get the Monster X at least. Mamba x is built for lighter rigs.

Get a max6 1650kv combo for awesome power.

This^

I would also go with the MMX 1515 22ookv combo, I run that combo in my ET48.3 and it is pretty sweet in there. If you do not have to have sensored you could get the MM2 1515 2200kv combo and it will work just as good and cost less.

On it's way!

Screenshot_20220511-125931_Outlook.jpg

Also interested in this response thinking about upgrading to the max 8 g2 or the castle mamba monster x 8s but Def want to keep it light.

With the power of the Max8 G2 compared to a Max6, I think the Max8 G2 will take a front lead. Impressive in its specs compared to a Max6.

I bought one for my Lasernut U2, but if buying an ESC for a new 6S rig today, I would seriously lean toward the Max8 G2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back