Talion EXB options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep thinking about those Method RC's..they sure do look good,even the tread pattern looks like it would be good for my use,hard pack clay..
I say RCDUDE 81 had them on his K8S exb.
@JKWoods , I agree, the kaiju tires are pretty good. You may want to consider trimming those little "hex nubs" off the edge of the wheels. During use,the tires get rolled over the wheel and the nubs will actually cut the sidewall of the tire.
@Megasty recommended trimming them off in the kaiju megathread on here.. it does happen for sure, I have a few sets of kaiju tires and had a couple tires where I can see the slices in the sidewalls..

I keep thinking about those Method RC's..they sure do look good,even the tread pattern looks like it would be good for my use,hard pack clay..
I say RCDUDE 81 had them on his K8S exb.
@JKWoods , I agree, the kaiju tires are pretty good. You may want to consider trimming those little "hex nubs" off the edge of the wheels. During use,the tires get rolled over the wheel and the nubs will actually cut the sidewall of the tire.
@Megasty recommended trimming them off in the kaiju megathread on here.. it does happen for sure, I have a few sets of kaiju tires and had a couple tires where I can see the slices in the sidewalls..
Hard to beat racing wheels though, they are light as possible, come in any pattern, really can't be beat! Just don't go 120 :(

Screenshot_20220513-105100.jpg

Versus the monster belted epic tires

IMG_20220220_234832.jpg

I can't decide so I just run them all! 🤣

I love tires!! Ask my wife,she says I'm a tire whore!!🤣🤣
Me too...all kinds of whore.....lol

IMHO don't limit yourself to one kind

I know you are not racing but at the track people come with 10 sets of tires per car, wheels everywhere

It's the most important tuning option, the only thing in contact with the road.

I run my Katars on 6s
My racing wheels on 4s
And these monster belted prolines on 3s

And it works Beautifully with same gearing for all (15 to 20 or so, I'm usually only 18 but now I'm on 23)

The weight savings from only half the battery packs offsets the belted prolines and the car drives like a dream and it's not slow

Don't let a little bit of money get in the way of performance.... unless you can't afford it, then go get a better job so you can play with us :)

IMG_20220129_193339__01.jpg

I know you are not racing but at the track people come with 10 sets of tires per car, wheels everywhere

I run my Katars on 6s
My racing wheels on 4s

And it works Beautifully with same gearing for all (15 to 20 or so, I'm usually only 18 but now I'm on 23)

The weight savings from only half the battery packs offsets the belted prolines and the car drives like a dream and it's not slow

Don't let a little bit of money get in the way of performance.... unless you can't afford it, then go get a better job so you can play with us :)

View attachment 217322
Not gonna lie,money is always an issue, but at 50, no way I'm starting over by choice.
My job sucks,but 7 weeks paid time off a year helps..
Only thing I don't like about the racing truggy tires/wheels is they seem to always be mounted on white or yellow wheels, why not black? Anywho,nice collection👍
I do literally have more tires/wheels than I can count from memory, so life is good😎
Or..my memory is shot!? I mean hey, I am a grandpa🤣🤣

Not gonna lie,money is always an issue, but at 50, no way I'm starting over by choice.
My job sucks,but 7 weeks paid time off a year helps..
Only thing I don't like about the racing truggy tires/wheels is they seem to always be mounted on white or yellow wheels, why not black? Anywho,nice collection👍
I do literally have more tires/wheels than I can count from memory, so life is good😎
Or..my memory is shot!? I mean hey, I am a grandpa🤣🤣
Racing wheels comes in all styles and colors. Bright colors perform better because you can tell what the wheels are doing from a distance more easily.

IMG_20220513_121328.jpg

Racing wheels comes in all styles and colors. Bright colors perform better because you can tell what the wheels are doing from a distance more easily.

View attachment 217336
I was thinking maybe for visibility. I can imagine things get pretty crazy at a busy track. Helps drivers and marshalls to see these little rockets👍

Man you'd really love those methodrc tires. 🤣
I’ll check them out too, probably a road biased set. Man this hobby is a bottomless money pit. I suppose all good hobbies are. Whoop

I run my Katars on 6s
My racing wheels on 4s

View attachment 217322
Touché

I’ll check them out too, probably a road biased set. Man this hobby is a bottomless money pit. I suppose all good hobbies are. Whoop

Touché
Building RC cars is pennies compared to full size cars. I'm down to three cars and bike and I promised my wife I wouldn't buy more 1:1 cars but I still get to buy RC cars 🤣

Otherwise I was seriously going to put $60k into a track car. And you can burn up a set of $1,500 tires in a weekend.

RC is just racing on a budget 😎
Top of the line motors by size and estimated price.

• RC car $700
  • 50cc class scooter $3,500
  • 150cc bike $6,000
  • 600cc bike $9,000
  • Heavy bike $12,000
  • 2.0L car $18,000
  • 5.0L car $25,00
  • It goes up from there.

Just pick a scale to play on

Building RC cars is pennies compared to full size cars. I'm down to three cars and bike and I promised my wife I wouldn't buy more 1:1 cars but I still get to buy RC cars 🤣

Otherwise I was seriously going to put $60k into a track car. And you can burn up a set of $1,500 tires in a weekend.

RC is just racing on a budget 😎
Top of the line motors by size and estimated price.

• RC car $700
  • 50cc class scooter $3,500
  • 150cc bike $6,000
  • 600cc bike $9,000
  • Heavy bike $12,000
  • 2.0L car $18,000
  • 5.0L car $25,00
  • It goes up from there.

Just pick a scale to play on
Agreed, I used to be into 4x4ing back in South Africa, many coins. Likely jump back into that when my favoured car is available. Currently I have a few dollar munching interests, it’s a balancing act, but keeps us ticking so all good.
My theory with RC is to teach the kids about running, maintaining and servicing RC to appreciate the full cycle of things. Early days with 1 x Talion for me and 2x Vorteks for the kids.
Enjoy

I run my Katars on 6s
My racing wheels on 4s

View attachment 217322
Which Backflips do you run with the 23T (4s or 6s) ? And do you ever have an issue with your hearing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back