Kraton Talion EXB or Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoJT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm on the verge of buying my first Arrma RC.

For reference I have a Traxxas Erevo 2.0 and a Maxx. Of those cars the Erevo is my favorite to drive. The Maxx is super durable but the Erevo is just more fun IMO. It can be a pain to work on and is certainly not as durable as the Maxx.

I went into my LHS yesterday and they had a Kraton 6s and a Talion EXB. I got talking to the guy there, he has both. He recommended the Talion. He said it's the best handling RC. He said the Kraton is better for doing things like backflips etc... I don't launch my RC's, I do small - medium sized jumps, and most of my driving is off road (I live in Arizona now) and drive in hard packed dirt/sand areas. I went in thinking the Kraton was they way to go, it seems to be more popular, but have to say I was really impressed with the Talion. The electronics are also appealing to me (I like the Spektrum system for ease of use, would probably get their batteries to match). I know that lots of people don't like the electronics that come with the Talion EXB and have read about failures. Not a big deal to me as it would be covered under warranty.

In buying either the Kraton or Talion - I'd probably sell wither my Maxx or Erevo to a buddy of mine. I just have to many bashers if I add one of the bad boys. The talion EXB seems to be a really great value. Not that price is much a determining factor in my final decision - but money is money.

Looking to get feedback on the difference between the Kraton & Talion. How do they drive compared to each other? How to they drive compared to the Erevo? How durable are they? How to they handle different terrain? Pro's/Con's to each etc...

I'm also into painting bodies and the look of my RC's (I know probably stupid with bashers - but it's definitely part of the hobby I enjoy). What after market bodies are available for the Talion and Kraton?

Looking to get feedback and advice from the community.

Thanks in advance!
You guys rock!

IMO the Kraton is too heavy for its own good. It is ok at a lot but not great at much. I converted mine to an outcast and like it much better. No experience with a Talion but I imagine it would be much better based on specs. JMO

What about buying the Talion and if I want to hit rougher terrain I swap the tires to bigger tires?

Aren’t the electronics in both rigs the same??

Any thoughts on how these compare to the erevo in durability and how they drive? Thanks all!

I have a Kraton 6S EXB and a pretty heavily upgraded Talion v4 and I love them both for different reasons.

The Kraton is heavy and it can be a handful, but it is hilarious and great fun to work on. I break it quite regularly.

The Talion is much more planted, stable and easier to drive. I don’t break the Talion regularly. That’s probably because there is a a reasonable amount of Titanium on it and it is much lighter.

Both are running HW Max6/1650kv 21T running the same lipos, but the Kraton is quicker.

I had this same question a few days ago when I walked into my LHS.
I was decided to get the Kraton 6s but they happened to have a Talion EXB in stock.
I like the body and larger tires of the Kraton 6s but after debating for a while I decided to go with the Talion EXB. I thought that the fact that it is a RTR EXB was pretty cool.
Plus I want to get a Kraton 8s down the road so that way I get to own two different cars instead of the same model (Kraton) in different sizes.

AAA8BDE4-6F03-4202-B9AB-BCF9E0A6EE16.jpeg

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Talion EXB. You are getting some decent upgrades over stock. The Talion handles better, because it has a longer wheel base. The Kraton is known for its jumping and wheelies. This is not saying that the Talion doesn’t wheelie, it’s just that the Talion is more grounded. I also like the wheels better on the Talion. The Erevo body will fit on the Talion with some adjustments to the body mounts….so whatever body you can fit on an Erevo you can also run on the Talion.

MAKE SURE to take all three of the Diffs out and top them off with silicone. Dude, welcome to the AF family! Tons of information and a great group of guys. No matter what you chose….first and foremost, have FUN…

Both rigs have same electronics. ;)
Kraton is a great all around rig. Throw it down anywhere.
Talion has a lower profile. smaller shocks and towers. Less forgiving for hard terrain. Handles the flats better at speed.

Back