Talion talion exb or

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what differentials is better exb LSD diffs or open diffs for a talion?
The answers you get are going to be somewhat subjective, but the general consensus is open diffs are more easily fine tuned with a wide range of oil weights and there is more experience with open diffs.
With LSD, you don’t need the heavier weight oils to accomplish the same thing.
I like LSD, but have no experience with open.

Well, the EXB diffs are beefier and should theoretically handle more power. Whether they are setup as LSD or open is personal preference.

LSD plates or not the exb sun gears are beefier. I have a few i put the shims in and pulled the plates but i don't have a lot of runtime on them to know if they last or not. I know my older open diffs are fine though once shimmed properly.

any issues? what issues did you have with the LSD diff?
it was for me too over complicated. just couldn't get them to work right either kept taking them apart and adjusting them but they seemed too tight to me the talion exb ran like it was on ice out of the box, I ended up getting the shim kit for 3 diffs and it runs fine now

it was for me too over complicated. just couldn't get them to work right either kept taking them apart and adjusting them but they seemed too tight to me the talion exb ran like it was on ice out of the box, I ended up getting the shim kit for 3 diffs and it runs fine now
yeah the talion does run like it is on ice that is one of the reason why I want to change out the diffs to open diffs and change the stock fluid to a heavier diff fluid I want the wheels to dig a little harder in grass/dirt

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back