Talion Talion exb rtr or a Tekno kit build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megafandrew

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 6s
What are your guys thoughts on a new Talion exb rtr vs something like the Tekno ET48 2.0 truggy? if they were to be set up similarly with electronics being the same (Spektrum smart esc and motor, radio gear) and tires. Do you think the build quality of the Tekno is better then the Arrma built with exb parts? Which truck would be easier to get parts for etc I’ve got the Tekno ET48 2.0 kit but I have not built it yet, haven’t had the time. I’ve had a friend at our track offer to buy the kit off me as they are back ordered in a lot of places. He would pay what I paid for it. and I could sell my Smart esc, motor and radio gear to cover costs. I’m just pondering if I should sell it and get myself a Talion exb rtr. Or one of those rollers I’ve seen off eBay. i have all the electronics for it from a previous build plan so I wouldn’t need much else. Or on days off should I get my lazy a$$ up and moving and build this Tekno or after work in the evenings. The kit costs close to that of an exb Talion rtr.

In my opinion, and I own a MT410 and Arrma's..!!
The Tekno is leagues ahead in build quality, fit and finish vs the Arrma, as for parts availability I have no idea what that would be like for you up in the great white north 😉 ( I do know Jenny's ships to you, and is a great source of parts for Arrma's )
If you're just going to be bashing around, personally I would suggest the Arrma as the Tekno really is a race grade truck first and a basher second..
Thats not to say the Tekno can't be bashed, I believe the Arrma would do it better..!!

I have an Arrma Outcast and a Tekno ET48.3 and like @BashingBrian said the build quality, fit and finish of the Tekno is much better than Arrma, also it has been speculated by many that the Arrma EXB parts are not actually even 7075 whereas Teknos parts are. As far parts availability goes you might have to talk to someone from Canada who owns a Tekno as here in the states I can easily source parts for my ET48.3 and that isn't even the current model.

In my opinion, and I own a MT410 and Arrma's..!!
The Tekno is leagues ahead in build quality, fit and finish vs the Arrma, as for parts availability I have no idea what that would be like for you up in the great white north 😉 ( I do know Jenny's ships to you, and is a great source of parts for Arrma's )
If you're just going to be bashing around, personally I would suggest the Arrma as the Tekno really is a race grade truck first and a basher second..
Thats not to say the Tekno can't be bashed, I believe the Arrma would do it better..!!
Yes I do like that quality of Tekno they are very nice. I’ve only ever owned a EB48.4 but it’s quality was top notch and they go together so smooth in the build. Haha 🇨🇦 Yes Tekno I think my options are eBay, Tekno website themselves. some Canadian hobby stores the big ones stock Tekno parts but nothing really for the 2.0 yet mabey it’s to new or low demand. I used to be able to get my 48.4 parts at the shops no problem. So it’s something I thought about. Basically I may just have to order some parts ahead of time so I have spares and to save on multiple shipments.

The Talion I will be able to get parts here locally or threw Jenny’s. This truck will see a bit of track but mostly just playing around as I have a Kysoho buggy for our track days. Hmmm 🤔😂. I do like that new Talion exb I might just get it as a roller off eBay eventually since I have all the electronics and tires I need already.
I have an Arrma Outcast and a Tekno ET48.3 and like @BashingBrian said the build quality, fit and finish of the Tekno is much better than Arrma, also it has been speculated by many that the Arrma EXB parts are not actually even 7075 whereas Teknos parts are. As far parts availability goes you might have to talk to someone from Canada who owns a Tekno as here in the states I can easily source parts for my ET48.3 and that isn't even the current model.
Yes I’ve seen that about the exb parts but I hope they would be better then the rtr quality metal. Tekno is really nice I like how well they put together when building it’s satisfying. Yes you guys are lucky with the hobby shops and parts. we have two big shops that are like headquarter distributors for Canada but one is 4 hours away and the other is across the country haha. But both free ship within. Both stock Tekno stuff but neither have the ET48 2.0 stuff yet and I worry if not I’m demand they never will. But I believe they can order for a person at request. Hard decision since I have the unbuilt kit in my possession now. I might just have to build it then decide !

Yes I do like that quality of Tekno they are very nice. I’ve only ever owned a EB48.4 but it’s quality was top notch and they go together so smooth in the build. Haha 🇨🇦 Yes Tekno I think my options are eBay, Tekno website themselves. some Canadian hobby stores the big ones stock Tekno parts but nothing really for the 2.0 yet mabey it’s to new or low demand. I used to be able to get my 48.4 parts at the shops no problem. So it’s something I thought about. Basically I may just have to order some parts ahead of time so I have spares and to save on multiple shipments.

The Talion I will be able to get parts here locally or threw Jenny’s. This truck will see a bit of track but mostly just playing around as I have a Kysoho buggy for our track days. Hmmm 🤔😂. I do like that new Talion exb I might just get it as a roller off eBay eventually since I have all the electronics and tires I need already.

Yes I’ve seen that about the exb parts but I hope they would be better then the rtr quality metal. Tekno is really nice I like how well they put together when building it’s satisfying. Yes you guys are lucky with the hobby shops and parts. we have two big shops that are like headquarter distributors for Canada but one is 4 hours away and the other is across the country haha. But both free ship within. Both stock Tekno stuff but neither have the ET48 2.0 stuff yet and I worry if not I’m demand they never will. But I believe they can order for a person at request. Hard decision since I have the unbuilt kit in my possession now. I might just have to build it then decide !
both GIF

What are your guys thoughts on a new Talion exb rtr vs something like the Tekno ET48 2.0 truggy? if they were to be set up similarly with electronics being the same (Spektrum smart esc and motor, radio gear) and tires. Do you think the build quality of the Tekno is better then the Arrma built with exb parts? Which truck would be easier to get parts for etc I’ve got the Tekno ET48 2.0 kit but I have not built it yet, haven’t had the time. I’ve had a friend at our track offer to buy the kit off me as they are back ordered in a lot of places. He would pay what I paid for it. and I could sell my Smart esc, motor and radio gear to cover costs. I’m just pondering if I should sell it and get myself a Talion exb rtr. Or one of those rollers I’ve seen off eBay. i have all the electronics for it from a previous build plan so I wouldn’t need much else. Or on days off should I get my lazy a$$ up and moving and build this Tekno or after work in the evenings. The kit costs close to that of an exb Talion rtr.
oh God, stay away from Spektrum electronics!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back