Talion Talion exb shock ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the shock rod ends on a Talion exb yet? I’m trying to replace a broken one and the exploded view on Arrmas web site part number ara330608 is incorrect, then I contacted Arrma about it and they told me it’s part number arac8969, and that they were sending it to me for free because of the inconvenience but! all the photos I can see if that part number looks incorrect…anyone been down this road with a Talion exb yet? If so please help.

The spring perch is right…but rod end is not, and to top it off the rod end that comes in the bag doesn’t fit inside the shock perch that it comes with! But the photo I added the original is on the left and the part number you gave me is on the right…the pivot ball hole is also way too big for the original pivot ball…I’m so frustrated with this.

AFC10B86-EF54-4C4C-8B98-B442F1B812BF.jpeg

Here of the phot that Arrma is claiming is the right part number but still does look right….

Attachments

• 9BE90E9B-CB4A-4D16-9453-322C47DA2E59.png
    9BE90E9B-CB4A-4D16-9453-322C47DA2E59.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 49
Had the same issue with my Kraton and Outcast EXBs. Found out I had to order the steel pivot balls to fit. The plastic ones that come with the car are too small for the new shock rod ends.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NE0G87...abc_8045AMMS4MP17ZVTJA3T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
What’s the part numbers I need? The rod ends in ara330708 doesn’t fit inside the shock perch that comes with them in the bag…what shock perch’s did you get? This is starting to feel like a Arrma problem, not my problem, why do I need to buy 50 dollars plus tax and shipping for a rod end this is nuts….

What’s the part numbers I need? The rod ends in ara330708 doesn’t fit inside the shock perch that comes with them in the bag…what shock perch’s did you get? This is starting to feel like a Arrma problem, not my problem, why do I need to buy 50 dollars plus tax and shipping for a rod end this is nuts….
It looks like they put the wrong part in that bag. Because it's the right part number. Mess up is on there end. U have the right part number
I would send them a picture of the part number with the rod end that came off the EXB and the parts they sent u.

It looks like they put the wrong part in that bag. Because it's the right part number. Mess up is on there end. U have the right part number
I would send them a picture of the part number with the rod end that came off the EXB and the parts they sent u.
I did send Arrma pictures, they told me that the exploded view is wrong and that part number arac8969 it what I need. This is after they insisted that ara330608 was right…I even said maybe it was packaged wrong so idk what they did to come up with part number arac8969. Before they gave me the part number they asked for my address so I’m guessing they sent it to me…then after that email I asked for the part number for what they are sending me. So I looked it up but the photos look wrong, so I told them that but it’s been 2 days and radio silence. I’m hoping that the photo is wrong and this isn’t a waste of time. I was just curious if anyone on this forum has ran into this issue. Or got part number ara330608 and it was correct. I was hopping the person that bagged mine was on the last 2 minutes of his work week.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA330608 this is what you need. From what i know they are near undestructible i broke one on my 6s truck and it was when i smashed a tree
Let me check i have the part in question
Wait they are not the same its the nero rod ends i got..
They will fit but you the plastic balls from the 3s line and shop the ends off. But i don't understand arrma. The car doesn't come with the parts they claim it comes with. First it was the shock boots who are superior to the part nu ber they claim to be the same part. Now the rod ends😐

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
The spring retainers do nto fit the rod ends it comes with🤦🏻‍♂️
Yeah its packaged wrong. Its not the first time this year. Bassicly we get the same spring retainer that come on the v5 but the rod ends are not and the rod ends do not fit those spring retainers only the one on the right will
image.jpg

i asked jason on whats going on.

Last edited:
The spring perch is right…but rod end is not, and to top it off the rod end that comes in the bag doesn’t fit inside the shock perch that it comes with! But the photo I added the original is on the left and the part number you gave me is on the right…the pivot ball hole is also way too big for the original pivot ball…I’m so frustrated with this.

View attachment 181640
Here of the phot that Arrma is claiming is the right part number but still does look right….
The second picture works i got that its the nero rod end who comes with its specific spring retainer tahts what i have
For the time get these AR330338. https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330338 You get 2 different rod ends (v4 and bellow and nero rod ends) with their respective spring retainers
for 6.99$ its better than nothing if you want specificly the nero ends as a pair and not the other ones it costs more. They are 8.99$ idk how the pricing works one is a rip off comapred to the other one https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330409
But glad you got this to our attention i emailed my hobbyshop about the problem. I cant use these so i should get a refund. It sucks because it hurts the hobbyshop at the end of the day:/
Maybe theres more parts that just do not fit. For the exb outcast bumper spring it looks to be a simple mistake on the packaging. Same for these rod ends. About the shock boots idk its completely a different product that never existed (maybe on the v3 and before). Those are the lost of wrong parts/missing parts in packaging that im aware of now

Last edited:
The second picture works i got that its the nero rod end who comes with its specific spring retainer tahts what i have
For the time get these AR330338. You get 2 different rod ends (v4 and bellow and nero rod ends) with their respective spring retainers
for 6.99$ its better than nothing if you want specificly the nero ends as a pair and not the other ones it costs more. They are 8.99$ idk how the pricing works one is a rip off comapred to the other one https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330409
I’m going to have to get the right size Piviot ball, my original pivot balls from the Talion exb are too small for the hole of the ara330409…..If Arrma doesn’t fix this issue I’m just going to order the Tekno parts listed above…I believe it’s the same numbers on my Mt410, I have never had a issue with those and they are fairly cheap. I just don’t understand why I have to go through this for something so simple.

I’m going to have to get the right size Piviot ball, my original pivot balls from the Talion exb are too small for the hole of the ara330409…..If Arrma doesn’t fix this issue I’m just going to order the Tekno parts listed above…I believe it’s the same numbers on my Mt410, I have never had a issue with those and they are fairly cheap. I just don’t understand why I have to go through this for something so simple.
Get the plastic 3s ball set and cut the ends off. Thats what i did in mine and in the photos. If you can get the tekno metal ones go ahead. But if you cant fit the spring retainers on whats the point just get the other Shock rod end part number

I have great news! I’m still in the same situation with the shock rod ends and now I own a Kraton EXB that has the same exact rod ends as my Taloon EXB so the good news is now I know not to order that part number ara330608. That’s all I got for now. Also that part number arac8969 they said would work doesn’t, I need to replace the pivot ball to make them work, so to get the original part I have to buy the complete shock from Jennysrc, for now I just took the rod end off my Tekno mt410 just to get the Talion EXB going again since that MT410 is down waiting for me to get my act together and buy/paint a new body. So if anyone has broke a Kraton EXB shock rod end what did you do to get it replaced? Or am I the only one to break one? If I can’t get a clear answer I’m just going to jump off a bridge or just get Tekno rod end, spring seat and pivot balls…I’m just wondering how they could mess up that bad? At this point I’m guessing all their 1/8 roller and rtr EXBs have the same rod end because they are all the same ara330608 part number…are they going to address this issue on their exploded views?

Last edited:
I have great news! I’m still in the same situation with the shock rod ends and now I own a Kraton EXB that has the same exact rod ends as my Taloon EXB so the good news is now I know not to order that part number ara330608. That’s all I got for now. Also that part number arac8969 they said would work doesn’t, I need to replace the pivot ball to make them work, so to get the original part I have to buy the complete shock from Jennysrc, for now I just took the rod end off my Tekno mt410 just to get the Talion EXB going again since that MT410 is down waiting for me to get my act together and buy/paint a new body. So if anyone has broke a Kraton EXB shock rod end what did you do to get it replaced? Or am I the only one to break one? If I can’t get a clear answer I’m just going to jump off a bridge or just get Tekno rod end, spring seat and pivot balls…I’m just wondering how they could mess up that bad? At this point I’m guessing all their 1/8 roller and rtr EXBs have the same rod end because they are all the same ara330608 part number…are they going to address this issue on their exploded views?
Jason is already adressing the issue on his end from what i got told

Jason is already adressing the issue on his end from what i got told
They are sending me 4 complete shocks for my Talion, I’m thankful but that still doesn’t resolve the issue…at least I will have 3 extra shock rod ends…

Last edited:
They are sending me 4 complete shocks for my Talion, I’m thankful but that still doesn’t resolve the issue…at least I will have 3 extra shock rod ends…
I'd be interested in the shock bodies for a project I'm working on.

I'd be interested in the shock bodies for a project I'm working on.
I was going to practice de-anodizing the outside and not the inside as a proof of concept before I did my 8s outcast shocks then keep them as spares, side note my v5 Noto, Talion exb, Kraton exb 1:8 all have the same shock rod ends but that part number the rod end fits my Infraction (different part number) but the spring cups don’t fit, that’s mind boggling to me, I can’t believe this is a thing.

So now almost a month into this whole shock rod end situation….First with the wrong number in the exploded view, then ordering the part number that Arrma told me to get that would work that didnt. Then they told me they were sending shocks and that the replacement shocks were in their way on the 3rd of December…I haven’t received them yet so decided to email Arrma and ask for the tracking number since I never got them. Well it turns out the shocks are on backorder. When some one tells you your replacement parts are “on their way” what’s that mean to you guys? Or am I being naïve to think that means shipped? I feel like I should have been told they are in backorder and when they become available they will be on their way….if I knew about this I would have just ordered the Tekno parts. I’ve been jerked around throughout this whole situation by Arrma and I’m not feeling to good about it. I’ve got 5 Arrma rcs and 3 of the 5 take the same rod end. I’m fearful that if I use one of them and one breaks I either A-spend 50-60usd per car to convert them to Tekno rod ends, B-hope Arrma sends me shocks every time for free that are in stock C-buy the shocks myself when they are in stock or D-wait till this whole part number gets ironed out. I can’t explain how aggravated I am over a little tiny plastic part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back