Talion Talion exb shock ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have great news! I’m still in the same situation with the shock rod ends and now I own a Kraton EXB that has the same exact rod ends as my Taloon EXB so the good news is now I know not to order that part number ara330608. That’s all I got for now. Also that part number arac8969 they said would work doesn’t, I need to replace the pivot ball to make them work, so to get the original part I have to buy the complete shock from Jennysrc, for now I just took the rod end off my Tekno mt410 just to get the Talion EXB going again since that MT410 is down waiting for me to get my act together and buy/paint a new body. So if anyone has broke a Kraton EXB shock rod end what did you do to get it replaced? Or am I the only one to break one? If I can’t get a clear answer I’m just going to jump off a bridge or just get Tekno rod end, spring seat and pivot balls…I’m just wondering how they could mess up that bad? At this point I’m guessing all their 1/8 roller and rtr EXBs have the same rod end because they are all the same ara330608 part number…are they going to address this issue on their exploded views?
So I had this issue a couple months after the kraton Exb released. My fix was to order part AR330338 and make it work. I'm just so glad I found Your thread as I tripped out on this and could never understand what was exactly wrong but I knew Arrma messed up somewhere. What I giant screw up to not be able to but the part that comes on the truck lol.

So I had this issue a couple months after the kraton Exb released. My fix was to order part AR330338 and make it work. I'm just so glad I found Your thread as I tripped out on this and could never understand what was exactly wrong but I knew Arrma messed up somewhere. What I giant screw up to not be able to but the part that comes on the truck lol.
This really is a stupid problem to have, are the ones you used as strong? The real problem is that the same rod end is on all of the 1/8 EXBs and I’m guessing The whole V5 line, maybe more. That part number you gave me, can you use the original pivot balls or do I need to buy those too?

I run Tekno ends, perches and steel balls. Never broke them again.
This is well known for many years now. Tekno plastics are superior. And their spring perches are captured using grub screws onto the Ends.

I might add that proper droop will also prevent rod end breakage in general to some extent. But user error will get the best of any part.

Speaking of Droop, everyone should get rid of the Stocker BS Grub screws used for droop. Get proper "droop"screws.
Your chassis will thank you. Cheap enough insurance. Wallet permitting, you can get $Avid$ Ti Domed droop screws or even the Optional Arrma, cheaper variants. (8 Pack) (Double broached Hex's).

20211215_020719.jpg

Last edited:
This really is a stupid problem to have, are the ones you used as strong? The real problem is that the same rod end is on all of the 1/8 EXBs and I’m guessing The whole V5 line, maybe more. That part number you gave me, can you use the original pivot balls or do I need to buy those too?
I cant remember but I had both and made it work no issue and it has no broken yet again. I do check my droop on everything so maybe I've improved.
So I found another interesting thing to look into. The steering post on the kraton exb have a part #ar340066 and an optional one of part #ara340186
Also they have the description at 42mm and 45mm length on the same page. Any thoughts ?

It has the heavy duty spring on the EXB but that’s all I can think of…. I wonder tho….
I cant remember but I had both and made it work no issue and it has no broken yet again. I do check my droop on everything so maybe I've improved.
So I found another interesting thing to look into. The steering post on the kraton exb have a part #ar340066 and an optional one of part #ara340186
Also they have the description at 42mm and 45mm length on the same page. Any thoughts ?

Arrma has got game…. I can tell you that much!
They make their 3s or 6s line interchangeable within their categories! But then throw a curve ball like the shock rod ends, steering post, the droop screws, and some other silly things that make you scratch your head! Hahaha
Wouldn’t everything else need to be taller or smaller, to match the post height? So then other things would be different also? (Like Diff housing, shock tower, locations and shelves to match new height?)

Or maybe something else in that design (the chassis shape) that would make up for the differences?

Sorry, thinking out loud…

It appears the optional one comes stock on the new tlr typhon but not available as of yet for purchase. But why arrma why lol

It has the heavy duty spring on the EXB but that’s all I can think of…. I wonder tho….
The TLRT , Mojave EXB and Kr. EXB all come with X-Hard SS springs. Not sure about all the others. The EXB Kraton intial releases did not come with the X-Hard Spring for some reason. And that option spring part wasn't available for so many months. Almost a year. Check yours to see if you have it. The X-Hard is Chrome Plated. The other springs are Black Oxide in color. Food for thought. Arrma does crazy things. Sometimes they announce a revision. Other times they sneak it in there telling no one. It just appears. And the parts list is not even updated in regards.:rolleyes:

Yes, I have the silver spring, and added one to my kraton… also added a c-clip on the kraton…. The infraction I removed that all and bought the M2C steering assembly w/o the servo saver….
The TLRT , Mojave EXB and Kr. EXB all come with X-Hard SS springs. Not sure about all the others. The EXB Kraton intial releases did not come with the X-Hard Spring for some reason. And that option spring part wasn't available for so many months. Almost a year. Check yours to see if you have it. The X-Hard is Chrome Plated. The other springs are Black Oxide in color. Food for thought. Arrma does crazy things. Sometimes they announce a revision. Other times they sneak it in there telling no one. It just appears. And the parts list is not even updated in regards.:rolleyes:

And that’s what I was thinking that the spring had something to do with it, but for the steering stem to be longer/shorter, you’d think something else would have to be to match said height… right?

I want to thank you all for the information on this thread. The rod end came out of my Kraton 6S shock today, but I wasn't worried because I had an unopened bag for PN ARA330608. I found the same issue as the rest of you - the rod end doesn't fit into the spring cup (all parts were in the same bag). First, I sent a WTF email to Arrma support and then found this thread. I greatly appreciate all of the information provided and will be purchasing the Tekno parts recommended. - Happy New Year to all.

The measurement of 42mm is a Typo. They are both 6mm x 45mm long, if you read closely at each description at the bottom.. The difference is that one set has a round bottom and the other has a Hex bottom. Both are interchangeable across most, but not, all 6s rigs for some reason.:unsure:

Why haven’t they updated the exploded view yet? Why isn’t the right part available yet? Why is this a issue still?? I still haven’t gotten the shocks they are sending me for the inconvenience, they are on backorder/not released yet…are they the same shocks as the original Talion? Is the only difference the shock fluid? I have nothing but questions. I think this is such a stupid issue to have…makes me wonder what other issues I’m going to find ordering parts for my Arrmas…luckily you really have to hit hard/land wrong to break anything on these 6s rigs.

Sometimes the Parts Cross Reference sheet helps sort things out better. But Arrma does revised changes without letting us know. They just appear out of nowhere.

Let’s make things even more confusing:

While searching for shock rod ends for my Kraton EXB I found this thread.
Read it all, was irritated that Arrma messed this up but still thought I’d take a chance and order ARA330608 and AR330338 along with the steel shock balls AR330206 and some other parts like the tekno rod ends and balls.

To my surprise ARA330608 had the right rod ends and spring retainers, just like the factory ones on my KEXB
42C532F9-18F7-4C11-A19F-F3BD3A071E2A.jpeg

But interestingly AR330338 was missing the second sets of spring retainers 😆.

6DE1C0EE-4BE8-4F5C-822A-A3B186B593F0.jpeg

Also, 330608 being the same as stock means the steel shock balls just don’t fit at all on the EXB Shocks…too small for the upper mount and too large for the shock rod end which uses a 5.9mm ball.

Good job Arrma 👍😅

Read it all, was irritated that Arrma messed this up but still thought I’d take a chance and order ARA330608 and AR330338 along with the steel shock balls AR330206 and some other parts like the tekno rod ends and balls.

To my surprise ARA330608 had the right rod ends and spring retainers, just like the factory ones on my KEXB
View attachment 190724

View attachment 190725

Also, 330608 being the same as stock means the steel shock balls just don’t fit at all on the EXB Shocks…too small for the upper mount and too large for the shock rod end which uses a 5.9mm ball.

Good job Arrma 👍😅
You have no idea how mad I am right now. This hole situation has been a circle jerk, literally came all the way back to the original part number….you must have gotten a new release or something…SMH

View attachment 190724

View attachment 190725

Good job Arrma 👍😅
Actually AR330338 was not missing them. That is how they come. It was for the Nero, the smaller items are cap inserts. Only comes with two perches and rod ends that can be used.

Checking the Arrma website you are right, though the picture shows 4 perches…two for each set of included rod ends.
15C91A2A-4E70-4B46-BEA0-C6F000A241CA.jpeg

The description (which I didn’t read 😅) says 2 perches included…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back