Talion Talion exb should i get one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5008gr: Talion
678gr: 5000mAH 6s Lipo

So your Talion is 392 Grams more but with the option of moving out the front shocks. Front shocks can't move out further with the stock towers. It's a bit more but would not worry about that.

Just checked - with a small nudge from below and the front is back up. So my thought of the front staying down too long over a distance doesn't count. As soon as it hits something it's back up. I think I will leave the Talion just as it is. Perhaps a 4985 Hobbywing 1650KV some time with the stock esc. That is about 200 Grams more but minus the heat sink as that motor won't need fans or heat sink.

Sure the Beefcake M2C is a solid upgrade but I think that money I will rather put somewhere else. If I'd live in an area with nice gravel areas / roads I would do it. That is a fine upgrade.

You have to match your shock fluid to your spring. Yes, Talion will slap the floor but so does every other one on a decent landing. No harm done.
Change to Backflip LP tires for added cushioning, highly recommended change. Will bring your Talion even more to life, assuming you are on dirt/grass.

You mean the same ones that are on the Notorious? What gearing do you use? Just checked wheelbase Talion and Kraton is the same.

Last edited:
I
You have to match your shock fluid to your spring. Yes, Talion will slap the floor but so does every other one on a decent landing. No harm done.
Change to Backflip LP tires for added cushioning, highly recommended change. Will bring your Talion even more to life, assuming you are on dirt/grass.

I picked up some 6S Backflip LPs today actually but only had a pair in stock so I'm waiting for the other two...

I was seriously considering the 3S Backflips but decided the bigger 6s would give me more variety. I have the pro-line badlands right now, which are amazing, but almost the same size at Katars (much wider, and zero offset, but almost identical outer diameter. The traction is amazing with the Badlands.

What's cool about it is the tires are bigger than the RC. If you removed the rear wing this thing might drive upside-down!

They are too big though, I imagine it will handle like it looks. I'm keeping a smaller set of tires/wheels for the track and will use the huge backflips for the rough days.

5008gr: Talion
678gr: 5000mAH 6s Lipo

So your Talion is 392 Grams more but with the option of moving out the front shocks. Front shocks can't move out further with the stock towers. It's a bit more but would not worry about that.

Just checked - with a small nudge from below and the front is back up. So my thought of the front staying down too long over a distance doesn't count. As soon as it hits something it's back up. I think I will leave the Talion just as it is. Perhaps a 4985 Hobbywing 1650KV some time with the stock esc. That is about 200 Grams more but minus the heat sink as that motor won't need fans or heat sink.

Sure the Beefcake M2C is a solid upgrade but I think that money I will rather put somewhere else. If I'd live in an area with nice gravel areas / roads I would do it. That is a fine upgrade.

My batteries are 759gr 6s (dual 3s hard case)

Closer to 311 grams apart
My modified body is 247gr and I don't know what it is stock.

I actually weigh every piece side by side. A lot of the M2C racing stuff does not increase the weight. I am very happy about this.
  • The biggest difference was the M2C chassis 469gr instead of 343gr EXB - maybe not worth it, that's a lot of weight
  • Front brace 30.9gr M2C vs 35.8gr EXB - worth it
  • Rear brace 46.3gr M2C vs 36.7gr EXB - I say worth it, but it's a tough call. M2C is A LOT tougher, no joke.
  • Heavy duty dogbones/cvd were about 2gr heavier each (6 items, 12gr total, worth it, don't think these will ever bend)
  • Front and rear hinge pins blocks are actually lighter and WAY stronger 40.6gr M2C vs 41.7gr EXB - worth it rear, front required modifications so maybe front not worth it.
  • Front shock tower 31.8gr M2C vs 30.9 EXB - worth it
  • Rear shock tower 56.2gr vs 56gr EXB - worth it
  • Shock stand offs were 1gr heavier each - worth it
  • HR Racing diff case was 49.3gr vs 46.9gr front and back - worth it
  • HR Racing diff cover was 19.5gr vs 12.5gr EXB, this probably isn't worth it. To gain 14 grams for no real advantage in strength.
  • Acumen/steering link is 6.3gr vs 6.6gr
  • Front 5mm titanium turnbuckle upgrade is 11gr vs 13.2gr EXB and totally worth it, much stronger than the 4mm stock steel arm and 4.4 grams lighter. That will never break again. $30 is a little expensive though for two little sticks.
  • Pro-line badland wheels were ABSOLUTELY worth it, they were 1029gr vs 1056gr EXB (belted katar), they are stronger, removable hubs, better traction, wider. Better in every way and lighter. I did use aftermarket stainless steel screws which dropped the weight 1.5gr per wheel. I did it because I don't like rust and run in the rain, but it's cool it dropped weight too.

RPM arms are A LOT lighter than EXB arms, but don't fit right and I removed them. The front geometry is off and the rear needs work too. I removed them because they were too micky mouse. The sway bars are too short, lower shock mount pins are too long, the drop screws have poor alignment, the front wheels have too much caster. Feels like the front steering blocks are leaning all the way too far back. Maybe the stock upper arm (which is lighter) could solve this.
  • Front upper 24.2gr RPM vs 22.5gr EXB
  • Front lower 25.8gr RPM vs 55.7gr EXB
  • Rear arms 47.9gr RPM vs 61.8gr EXB
If I didn't do the 4mm chassis, fiberglass body reinforcement, and had the same battery, we would be only be maybe 100gr apart! If I fit the RPM stuff we could almost be the same weight.
Which part number is that?

AR510092 (like on the Notorious)

or Arac9568
AR510092

They are over an inch taller but 377gr vs 255gr for the Belted Katars

Wow, thats quite some effort you put into optimizing.

I use the AR510092 on the Kraton. Very happy with them. Basically they turn the Talion into a narrow Kraton.

Any thoughts on the talion exb? Is it worth the money?
so my servo blew out and killed my receiver in my talion exb after maybe 10 hrs of light runs spread out over a month, whats the best servo and transmitter/receiver to replace the stock equipment?

so my servo blew out and killed my receiver in my talion exb after maybe 10 hrs of light runs spread out over a month, whats the best servo and transmitter/receiver to replace the stock equipment?
I like the dumborc rx/tx, they can handle a bec up to 10v, and have great range. For servos i run the $35 35kg servo on amazon. Both together would run you about $80. I run a max6 in all my rigs and bump the bec up to 7.4v

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back