Talion EXB stock parts vs Basherqueen carbon fiber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKWoods

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Talion
I am wondering if anyone can tell me the weight difference between the stock aluminum parts on the Talion vs Basher Queen carbon fiber parts?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me the weight difference between the stock aluminum parts on the Talion vs Basher Queen carbon fiber parts?

I have the Kraton EXB and changed the stock aluminum parts to M2C parts. What is your goal what are you looking for between the two? I do understand the Talion is a speed truck when compared to the Kraton...if weight is the goal I do not think a few oz would hinder any speed or agility when it comes to these 6S bashers. Tires, battery weight, etc would play more in performance over the small difference in upgraded parts aluminum parts....if weight is your aim but not sure just asking.

I have the Kraton EXB and changed the stock aluminum parts to M2C parts. What is your goal what are you looking for between the two? I do understand the Talion is a speed truck when compared to the Kraton...if weight is the goal I do not think a few oz would hinder any speed or agility when it comes to these 6S bashers. Tires, battery weight, etc would play more in performance over the small difference in upgraded parts aluminum parts....if weight is your aim but not sure just asking.
Yes weight is my goal. I want to drop as much weight as possible on it. I'm not sure if I just got a bad one or what but I didn't even make it through a full battery pack before I had a cracked upper A arm, a bearing went out in the hub, a crack in the hub, dog bone came out and broke the sway bar link. I wasn't even driving that hard. Maybe got it off the ground 5 feet. Lucky I had my trusty Big Rock with me. I have had that 15 feet in the air and yes things break but I don't feel it should have broke with what I was doing.

Yes weight is my goal. I want to drop as much weight as possible on it. I'm not sure if I just got a bad one or what but I didn't even make it through a full battery pack before I had a cracked upper A arm, a bearing went out in the hub, a crack in the hub, dog bone came out and broke the sway bar link. I wasn't even driving that hard. Maybe got it off the ground 5 feet. Lucky I had my trusty Big Rock with me. I have had that 15 feet in the air and yes things break but I don't feel it should have broke with what I was doing.
Totally agree...the Talion has a good rep so for now I would call it 1-off not characteristic of that RC.

On my Kraton the stock bearings are OK...but I had a rear blow up and come apart on the 2-3 run...this is normal on the Arrma stock shielded bearings so not uncommon to see it a lot. Also on my Kraton had the common issue of the front dogbone coming out on max flex of the arms this is on low jumps like you did. Fix for it some removed the metal washers at the end of the upper and lower arms. This allows the dogbone to go more inside the outdrive cup so it does not pull out on max flex. The other fix which I did was added some fuel tubes on the front shock shafts to limit how low they could go which keeps the dogbone in more. I am not at all a send-it person, not my style.

Warranty the cracks in the hub and upper arm, etc with HH. I really, really like the Talion and from YT'er JayTee, RC Dude, etc the Talion is a worthy RC to have. My Kraton started out with a disappointing relationship but now it is pure love after getting the tweaks done...

Hang in there with it... (y)

So I ended up buying the full Basher Queen set for my Talion and figured I would get the weight difference posted for anyone else that might want it.

Center brace.

EXB: 71.11g
Basherqueen: 48.35g

20220219_120237.jpg

20220219_120305.jpg

Front shock tower.

EXB: 30.315g
Bashqueen: 15.59g
20220219_121239_HDR.jpg

20220219_121257_HDR.jpg

Top plate.

EXB: 14.29g
Basherqueen: 8.26g
20220219_122347_HDR.jpg

20220219_122404_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Steering Rack Ackermann Plate.

EXB: 6.27g
Basherqueen: 3.94g

20220219_124113_HDR.jpg

20220219_124135_HDR.jpg

Steering Arm Plate.

EXB: 5.26g
Basherqueen: 3.63g

20220219_125554_HDR.jpg

20220219_125621_HDR.jpg

Servo Mount.

EXB: 25.17g
Basherqueen: 20.475g
20220219_155612_HDR.jpg

20220219_151127.jpg

Rear shock tower.

EXB: 55.785g
Basherqueen: 30.69
20220220_135605_HDR.jpg

20220220_135645_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I like the m2c towers because they are an improved design, in addition to being about the same as EXB weight. They are better material and thicker is key areas, not flat.

Those Carbon pieces look to be identical to the EXB.

I wonder how strong they are?

That's a really nice weight savings.

The two towers, t2t, even the top plate all look totally worth it.

As of now they are fine. I really don't drive the car that much. I honestly prefer my bigrock over this car. But she does guarantee here parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back