Talion Talion EXB wheel wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick

Reaction score
Hi,

First time out today with this car and everything was generally fine but did notice that the wheels seem to wobble around quite a bit. This is more obvious at lower speeds. Is that normal? Is there something I can tighten to eliminate it?

Also, if I reverse it’s all over the place, doesn’t go in a straight line, off to one side and the front wheels vibrate and wobble significantly. Is that normal? Doesn’t seem to have any setting to adjust the trim for reverse.

Thanks.

Reverse is totally normal. The significant caster of the front wheels causes forward stability, but in reverse it has negative caster, causing significant instability instead.

I had the same question when I got my talion. Before the exb came out, but pretty much exb at this point. The wobble is probably a loose fit axially between your wheel hub bearings and your hex adapter. You can get most of this slop out by shimming. I'll look that string up and forward.

Reverse is totally normal. The significant caster of the front wheels causes forward stability, but in reverse it has negative caster, causing significant instability instead.

Thanks. I looked up caster and learned something there. Never heard of it or been aware of it before.

I had the same question when I got my talion. Before the exb came out, but pretty much exb at this point. The wobble is probably a loose fit axially between your wheel hub bearings and your hex adapter. You can get most of this slop out by shimming. I'll look that string up and forward.

OK thanks. I'll look into that.

I found the Katar belted to be good tires but the wheels are weak and all of them wobble on me now, one of them cracked. They feel like they are more street duty wheels. I upgraded them to mounted pro-line badlands.

wheel crack.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back