Talion Talion first break

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
After about 80 or so 6s packs and tons big hard landings I have my first break on my talion. I’m calling customer service this thing is toy grade. No but really I can’t believe the beating this thing has taken and this is my first break…it’s a tank, I broke a shock end. Amazing rc I would tell anyone to buy it…it’s big down fall is the esc this is my 3rd under warranty…

37EF8029-0566-4F61-BD24-D02171ADDB41.jpeg

Not bad at all! It's even a fast, easy and cheap fix. Just to add - you can lower the likelihood of a shock rod end from breaking if you set a shorter droop of the A arms. Happy bashing 💪

Last edited:
80 packs in. Are you kidding me???
20 hours of running this rig. (15min runs, conservatively)
And you call this Toy grade??:ROFLMAO:
Just enjoy the 2 year warranty from HH. It is what it is. You are doing well if this is legit.
Can't tell if there is anything you should be really complaining about here.:unsure:
Confused.:confused: Maybe I misunderstood?
A 3rd failed stocker ESC??? Just buy a an upgrade one if it matters. A rod end is not a complaint. User error. 80 packs in?? Funny. Yeah Droop was off maybe. Did you set them up? Buy Tekno rod ends. Call it a day and don't look back.
Got your moneys worth.:LOL:
HH will send another ESC anyway, if the warranty is still in effect.

Last edited:
80 packs in. Are you kidding me???
20 hours of running this rig. (15min runs, conservatively)
And you call this Toy grade??:ROFLMAO:
Just enjoy the 2 year warranty from HH. It is what it is. You are doing well if this is legit.
Can't tell if there is anything you should be really complaining about here.:unsure:
Confused.:confused:
A 3rd failed stocker ESC??? Just buy a an upgrade one if it matters. A control rod end is not a complaint. User error. 80 packs in?? Funny. Yeah Droop was off maybe. Did yo set them up?
Got your moneys worth.:LOL:
HH will send another ESC anyway, if the warranty is still in effect.
Joking about toy grade, but yeah 3rd esc, everyone was covered by Amainhobbies but they said the next one is on HH witch I understand. I’m not complaining I’m just hoping if someone sees my post and they aren’t sure about getting a Talion exb that they do because this thing is a tank chassis wise…also one servo went bad too. But yeah 80 packs at least! I send it 30 plus foot to flat landings multiple times a run, full throttle most of the time all on 6s I think I ran it on 4s 2 times. This break was 100% my fault I went for a double front flip and it landed on that side first when landing. I forgot to turn my shock springs down to raise the suspension, I was on the road my last run so I know that added stress to that area. My point here is if you don’t have a Talion get one! Sell the electronics on eBay or where ever since it doesn’t come as a roller.…I am defiantly enjoying my warranty with the electronics. When it runs out I’ll put a max8 combo in it. Oh original body too no shoe glue or drywall tape but the front shock guards/tower are really pushing up into the body.

You are good with your stuff. And this is one good example of why Arrma rules for durability. You obviously know how to drive.(y)
That is paramount with owning these.:cool:

hows your chassis bent mine almost straight away right at the back

hows your chassis bent mine almost straight away right at the back
Mines straight as an arrow, I honestly usually land on all 4s…when I do have a bad landings it’s usually all the momentum to one wheel of the car or straight to the nose. When I jump it it’s always off a wooden ramp onto flat grass…I’ve had to bent back axels straight a few times and replace a few bearing because of my bad landings and had the front axels pop out a few times. Honestly don’t do a lot of flips with the Katar wheels and I went for it with them on today…if I’m trying to do flips I usually put Backflip 4s tires on but I wanted to see if I could get a double front flip with the Katars. I was feeling like I was in the groove…I did drive away from it but broke the shock end.

I can’t not find the right part number for these rod ends I ordered on ara330608 and is not the right part, it’s the right spring cup but the rod end is not correct, it doesn’t even fit into the spring cup that comes in the bag, is this a Arrma mess up or is it me? Exploded view on their site is calling for that part number but it is not right. I’m confused….

FDCDC2AC-3A5C-41C8-9D14-888856A15701.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back