Talion Talion for drag racing to set it up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi guys I’m new to this scene I own an Arrma Talion and I wanna set it up for drag racing .. any ideas what I can do like get spool change gears get better battery

What's the highest punch setting on the Talion V3

I believe it's 9. Just getting in to adjusting it myself. Not sure what the best setting for it would be though. On my Outcast, it seems 9 would help me do standing back flips. On the Talion I imagine it might lose control too easily around corners but the adjustments are free so why not? I would like to be able to get my Talion to do wheelies.

If Drag Racing you definitely want a 6S Lipo with the highest C rating, but low mAh (5000mAh?). In Drag Racing, weight is your enemy, so you do not want to weigh down your Talion with a big heavy battery. Using the highest punch setting will give you the most power off the line, but if your front end lifts too much (wheelie's), you will have to adjust your throttle input slightly, or could maybe try a lower punch setting so you can give it max throttle, which could prove to be even quicker off the line. This is something you could experiment with. In Drag Racing, a soft front suspension also usually helps transfer weight to the rear, but may not work for RC's, as a bit of rear wheel spin may help keep the front end down (unless you made up some wheelie bars?). To keep the front end down, do not add a thicker weight to the center diff. Again, this will all depend on the surface you are drag racing on. What are you using for drag tires?

I believe it's 9. Just getting in to adjusting it myself. Not sure what the best setting for it would be though. On my Outcast, it seems 9 would help me do standing back flips. On the Talion I imagine it might lose control too easily around corners but the adjustments are free so why not? I would like to be able to get my Talion to do wheelies.
For wheelie's, like you said, try max punch setting of 9. Coming out of corners, you may need to adjust throttle input slightly, if Talion loses control too easily. Could also try a thicker center diff oil (maybe 150k or 200k) and stickier tires if on the street. If offroad, bigger and wider tires would help pull wheelies. Could also try softer front springs, but none available and Talion would not be as good off road anyways. What is the C rating on your batteries?

Throw a castle system at it!!

Did a castle system make a big difference.. I've been thinking of doing that as well.. Castle emailed me and said that their Monster X is only 120a. Which I know isn't everything but it does seem a little low. I was thinking a Hobbywing max5 or max6. Any thoughts?

A 6S battery, a 18 tooth pinion, and changed the punch setting to level 9. Darn thing is on 2 wheels even doing rolling hits. No need to spend money on different controller or ESC.

CD0492F0-CC22-4498-B6AC-A4F1475A7CA6.jpeg

Attachments

• 13D3FCB8-EA14-45D8-B86C-D8ED5F850F67.jpeg
    13D3FCB8-EA14-45D8-B86C-D8ED5F850F67.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 79
Yep and the lil typhon they both are fun street cars

Attachments

• CAEF611B-A1F1-49E2-AA31-33C4499BE1D6.jpeg
    CAEF611B-A1F1-49E2-AA31-33C4499BE1D6.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 74588BA2-A61C-4004-8506-1773B0243865.jpeg
    74588BA2-A61C-4004-8506-1773B0243865.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 91
Put a bigger gear on your motor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back