Talion talion help with hot racing chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingKiller

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
i kept breaking the plastic front chassis brace and bending my chassis so i upgraded it to the aluminum one from hot racing. now i ripped a screw in half and had to drill it out. should I put a wider screw? so far this and differentials have been my only problem. to be fair the differentials are my fault because i started running higher weight center fluid and now i go through them a lot more. main focus is chassi brace.

If you
i kept breaking the plastic front chassis brace and bending my chassis so i upgraded it to the aluminum one from hot racing. now i ripped a screw in half and had to drill it out. should I put a wider screw? so far this and differentials have been my only problem. to be fair the differentials are my fault because i started running higher weight center fluid and now i go through them a lot more. main focus is chassi brace.
If it's the screw that comes up through the chassis, I would just replace it with another hardened one. If you start boring the hole to tap it or use a larger screw, you might make the brace to weak at that one point. If you got the screw out with no damage to the thread, you should be fine. Have you consider a T2T brace? You might have to straighten a shock tower every once and a while, but it will take a lot of the flex out of the chassis.

Attachments

• 20190222_160720.jpg
    20190222_160720.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 57
If you
If it's the screw that comes up through the chassis, I would just replace it with another hardened one. If you start boring the hole to tap it or use a larger screw, you might make the brace to weak at that one point. If you got the screw out with no damage to the thread, you should be fine. Have you consider a T2T brace? You might have to straighten a shock tower every once and a while, but it will take a lot of the flex out of the chassis.
smart idea! i can use leftover metal as a chassi brace and i will get a harder screw.

smart idea! i can use leftover metal as a chassi brace and i will get a harder screw.
You can even start with something like a 3/4" plastic tube to see how it works. You can keep it in place by attaching it to the chassis braces with zip ties. Remember what I said about the shock towers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back