Talion Talion limp mode?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talion1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
When I run 4S lipo 5000 mil 40c the car will run for a few minutes and then go into some sort of a limp mode running very slowly. Of course I have my lipo cut off set. It's never done this before and has just recently started doing this. If I shut off the power let it sit a minute or two turn it on and send it back out it will run full speed for a little while and then repeat the goofy limp mode thing. Any ideas thanks in advance. Also the car is 2 months old and has black bxl 185 ESC

When I run 4S lipo 5000 mil 40c the car will run for a few minutes and then go into some sort of a limp mode running very slowly. Of course I have my lipo cut off set. It's never done this before and has just recently started doing this. If I shut off the power let it sit a minute or two turn it on and send it back out it will run full speed for a little while and then repeat the goofy limp mode thing. Any ideas thanks in advance. Also the car is 2 months old and has black bxl 185 ESC
Thermal cut off? Check your temps, lipo cells, bullet connectors, battery wire connections. Call Arrma

Check temperatures and if the wheels turn easily. Maybe it's rusty / worned bearings / something physically interfering somewhere in the driveline.

@Talion1 I read that title and thought this was a personal issue. haha :D

Seriously though, sounds like your temps are getting to high and the thermal cut off is kicking in. What are your temps?

I don't know if it is thermal cutoff, I've hit that before and the car just stops. With this issue the car still runs very very slowly which is weird. I called arrma and they suggested resyncing the ESC. I will definitely check all my connections and anything else that draws my attention thanks for the info guys

I just received my talion a week ago and as soon as i put the 15 tooth pinion in and 500k oil in center diff mine does the exact same thing and its definately thermal cut off. I shut it off run something else till she cools off and all is good!!!

This happened to mine as well all stock running 15T pinion gear. Running 6S no problems (except the front tires turn into pizza cutters). Then put in 4S and runs then slows way down, turn it off then back on and few trigger pulls same thing. I checked my motor temps and they were 105 no where near 200 for thermal overload. also tried another set of 4S batteries and same issue? I think it's a issue with the speed controller. I am going to run it again this weekend to try and test it out further - then if it keeps happening I'll contact Arrma for a warranty as this is a new version 2 that came out end of last year. Little disappointed in this as it's my first Arrma RC.

Sign me up on this issue. My son had it go in limp mode too albeit in his case he was low on battery but it remains strange as that's normally a sharp cut off.

Anyone figure this out? I created another post as my brand new Senton is doing this exact same thing and I'd love to know what the cause was for others. It can't be a thermal cutoff when a motor and ESC feel air temperature and the car was only running for aroudn 2 minutes as mine was. All it takes too is a simple on/off toggle and it's back to normal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back