Talion on the Track: Xr8 Plus with 2250 combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlitch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Running 4s only.

Is this a really big upgrade compared to the stock BLX185/2050 setup? Anyone run this and able to compare? I think the stock setup is great for the track, maybe the one thing i could hope for is cooler running with maybe a 15 or 16t pinion for the larger tracks, currently I am running out of room on a smaller track still running with the 13t so thats plenty but motor is starting to get hot. Not sure if going larger pinion will be good idea for stock setup in a race.

So far the car handles really well, still tuning and dialing in. People are asking me if im driving the Tekin Truggy... with an arrma body? lol.

Last edited:
Define Hot.

I found the ESC is the bigger upgrade opposed to the motor. I swapped out the BLX185 to a Hobbywing SCT Pro which is only a 4s ESC. I had at least 30% more power on the hobbywing ESC and I blew my first qualifier because I had just installed it and didin't get to test. The motor itself seems fine!

Motor was running 140~ on that setup while racing.

what kind of tires are you on by the way, and what about bearings?

I discuss some of this in the video I made about racing the kraton recently.

Last edited:
Anyone with the XR8 Plus? The SCT is good but I hear truggys are a bit heavy for that ESC, can be swapped in the buggies though. Glad to hear you got a gain in the Kraton though.

I wish i could find my temp gun, used to run nitro and those temps were much higher than what im at now, but the motor is hot enough that I wouldn't want to have my hand on it long, but not a spit sizzling hot. Will update that later when I find my temp gun, nothing is shutting down with the thermo cutoff or anything.

Avid bearings throughout.

Ran three hrs of practice today...Started with Soft holeshots then threw on some Soft cityblocks which I really like because they seem to handle corrections better in the air with throttle than the lighter holeshots. I have a pretty big triple at the track i run. Then I blew out the glue on one of my rears so i threw two holeshots on the rear and WHOAH! Huge difference in handling... for the good, could toss the car around a bit more and still have plenty of control, mostly front-ish pull through the corners and set up for the jumps were better.

10k/500k/8k just changed the rear from 10k and it seems there is less oversteer so far so good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back