Talion Talion parts in stock at A Main

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCROD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hopefully some good news about Arrma parts availability. I now see some more Arrma and Talion parts now showing in stock at A Main hobbies.

I know some members have already broken the V3 Talion LP rear wing mount, so good to see part#3320379 is finally in stock. I picked up one of these for a spare, as this seems to be a weak spot.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-ar320379-low-profile-wing-mount-set-talion-ara320379/p704964

I also see a bunch of Hot Racing parts for the new V3 Talion are now in stock. This includes; HR front & rear chassis braces, plus HR front & rear shock towers. HR looks like the only choice so far for aftermarket shock towers for the V3 Talion. HR also has a aluminum LP rear wing mount available for the new V3 Talion, but this will definitely add weight. I only got the HR aluminum front chassis brace.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=HOT+RACING+TALION

I also see Arrma diff gaskets (AR310444) are now back in stock.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-differential-gasket-3-ara310444/p409431?r=0

Last edited:
Another option for the front and rear shock towers are from Alza Racing. I just mounted the towers on my Talion V3. Perfect fitment, 7075 aluminum, beefier than stock, and really pleased with the machining quality. Definitely a worthy upgrade. I would reach out to Dejan if anyone is interested. I think he makes them upon request.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 55
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 62
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 57
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 54
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 58
Another option for the front and rear shock towers are from Alza Racing. I just mounted the towers on my Talion V3. Perfect fitment, 7075 aluminum, beefier than stock, and really pleased with the machining quality. Definitely a worthy upgrade. I would reach out to Dejan if anyone is interested. I think he makes them upon request.
I was in contact with Dejan at Alza Racing in early January, and he did not have a V3 Talion yet. I gather he does now. It's good to see he used 7075-T6 aluminum for the V3 towers, as he only used 6082-T6 aluminum on the V2 Talion. However, on the Typhon, he offers shock towers in carbon fiber, 6082 aluminum & 7075 aluminum. Did you weigh the Alza 7075 towers compared to the stock aluminum towers?

I see you changed the shock springs (Tekno). The front length looks good, but the rear are a bit short.

Last edited:
I was in contact with Dejan at Alza Racing in early January, and he did not have a V3 Talion yet. I gather he does now. It's good to see he used 7075-T6 aluminum for the V3 towers, as he only used 6082-T6 aluminum on the V2 Talion. However, on the Typhon, he offers shock towers in carbon fiber, 6082 aluminum & 7075 aluminum. Did you weigh the Alza 7075 towers compared to the stock aluminum towers?
Yes, he didn't have the V3 Talion shock towers when I also contacted him last month. I think I may have been the first as I sent him scans of the stock shock towers so that he could develop the front and rear towers. I had the option to choose 6082 or 7075 aluminum and I went with 7075. Unfortunately, I did not compare the weight of the towers. I was just happy to find a stronger solution to the stock towers, since I've replaced them a few times from bad spills.

Yes, he didn't have the V3 Talion shock towers when I also contacted him last month. I think I may have been the first as I sent him scans of the stock shock towers so that he could develop the front and rear towers. I had the option to choose 6082 or 7075 aluminum and I went with 7075. Unfortunately, I did not compare the weight of the towers. I was just happy to find a stronger solution to the stock towers, since I've replaced them a few times from bad spills.
Cool. I started a thread trying to get 7075 aluminum & carbon fiber towers for the V3 Talion made by PSM in Germany, after they showed interest, and just needed someone to send them some scans. Well, it look like you were at least one step ahead of us. Good to hear your scan worked well and the shock tower fitment is perfect, as I was concerned sending only scans to PSM to make parts. Anyways, It's nice to hear we now have some aftermarket shock tower options for the new V3 Talion. Good job smallhabitat.

PS you've already damaged the stock front and shock towers on your V3 Talion more than once?

Cool. I've read your thread regarding PSM in Germany. I was also a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure if a scan was enough to develop the towers properly but it looks like that's all that was needed. During my search, I also reached out to Voltage and I think they will be offering towers for the new Talion by the summer. Anyways, I'm just glad there are options for aftermarket parts for the V3 Talion.

Nope...never damaged the front shock tower yet. Just thought I'd upgrade it since I was replacing the rear tower. The rear is another story. I've bent them 3 times :banghead:

Cool. I've read your thread regarding PSM in Germany. I was also a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure if a scan was enough to develop the towers properly but it looks like that's all that was needed. During my search, I also reached out to Voltage and I think they will be offering towers for the new Talion by the summer. Anyways, I'm just glad there are options for aftermarket parts for the V3 Talion.

Nope...never damaged the front shock tower yet. Just thought I'd upgrade it since I was replacing the rear tower. The rear is another story. I've bent them 3 times :banghead:

Glad the scan worked. Good job, as this may help others looking for 7075-T6 aluminum shock towers for the V3 Talion. Man, you must be landing on the rear way more than the front I guess to only bend the rear tower 3x? It looks like you have the bigger Kraton wing mount on your Talion? The LP V3 wing mount is now in stock, if you want + HR aluminum one also available, but maybe a bit heavy and put too much stress elsewhere?

It also looks like you have Tekno shock springs (front look good, but rear a bit short maybe? Are front springs stiff enough, as stock Arrma Talion springs are very stiff. Also looks like you have a GPM rear chassis brace maybe + silver aluminum piece behind the rear chassis brace on wing mount & what wing mount (red aluminum) braces are you using on rear wing mount?

I was also in contact with Kenny at Voltage Hobbies in mid December and he mentioned they were going to have shock towers available for the V3 Talion. Wow, summer time is now the expected release date?

Dejan at Alza Racing said his 7075-T6 shock towers are about 7-9% heavier than his 6082 towers, or comparable 6061 towers. Here is some interesting specs comparing 7075 to 6061 aluminum:

6061 – Mechanical Properties
  • Ultimate Tensile Strength 45000 psi
  • Tensile Yield Strength 40000 psi
  • Fatigue Strength 14000 psi
  • Shear Strength 30000 psi
7075 – Mechanical Properties
  • Ultimate Tensile Strength 83000 psi
  • Tensile Yield Strength 73000 psi
  • Fatigue Strength 23000 psi
  • Shear Strength 48000 psi
As you will note, 7075 is a lot stronger than 6061. What this means, is 7075 can be carefully milled and machined to be lighter than 6061, and still be much stronger. However, this cnc machining and milling can be time consuming, as not as easy to mill 7075 due to it's stronger properties. It looks like Dejan may not have the equipment to machine or mill, as all his parts look like they have been only cut out, and not machined or milled at all. Voltage Hobbies shock towers look like they have been machined and milled, as they are a mix between 6mm and 5mm, so they would be stronger, but heavier than 5mm Alza towers, I would think. Also not sure if Voltage Hobbies 7075 aluminum has been tempered and heat treated, as I see no T6 designation?

Here is an interesting comment I received from Dejan at Alza Racing.
Quote "If looking only at bending, carbon fiber should be way more stronger compared to same thick aluminium."

Wow, carbon fiber is way more stronger compared to same thickness aluminum. However, he only has 4mm (3.9mm) carbon fiber plates in stock. I would only go with 5mm carbon fiber (hopefully he can get this size), which is the same thickness as stock towers, but way, way lighter and much stronger. This sounds like a win win to me...

Last edited:
I just heard from Xtreme Racing, and it sounds like he has a new V3 Talion on his way to his shop. He mentioned he will be making some carbon fiber shock towers. I will see if anything else is planned and revert back once I hear more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back