Talion Talion rear diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Necroscope

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So on only its 4th or 5th run, the Talion's rear diff has about 3 worn teeth on it (to the point that it click upon braking).

A few questions if i may:
  1. What would cause this? We have never damaged either that Outcast or Kraton's drive line.
  2. I've ordered a complete new diff and input gear. What do i need to check upon fitting?
  3. What grease and how much would you put on the gears?
Many thanks.

Phil.

I would guess that the mesh was wrong from the factory.

You should check the mesh and shim appropriately using 13x16 shims. This is an amazing post that links to where you can get those shims.
On stock Arrma put a single .15 width shim i believe, so you can use two .10 if you want to go a little tighter.

there should be a tiny amount of play to the diff left to right, and also check the full rotation, as the diff ring is not perfectly centered (at least in my case). if it's too tight, there will be a loud clicking noise when rotating, so you want to get to that point, and then remove a shim. Please note that with a new diff the standard shimming could (should) be enough, so you need to check.

Duperbash have a great video on this.

Hi Yonic,
I refitted my original failed diff to check the fit. Lets just say, it wasn't great.
This was further confirmed when i replaced the input gear and checked the fit to the new diff. No additional shims required.
For reference the original input gear wasnt that worn, but ive replaced it anyways.
Thanks for the assist.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back