Talion Talion repair turned into full upgrade and rebuild/build! Progress Log!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
I started to repair my much loved Talion when I thought why not finish upgrading it and completely rebuild it from the ground up.

20210321_162432.jpg
20210321_141415.jpg
20210321_141513.jpg

Got the chassis clear and rebuilt my Talion and Kraton diffs, I wish I had a bunch of the metal diff cases, they seem to go together well, the diff I built with it is buttery smooth!

Got to try on the @Mitchell looper m2c Talion Braces and ÈSC mount for size, plus started to put together the 4mm shock stand-offs. This is going to be "Beefcake" when it's done, I can't wait!
20210322_200602.jpg
20210322_200437.jpg

My v1 talion got total make over to my own custom version talion. Ck build thread.View attachment 133717
Looks amazing, are those tyres from the Mojave? They look perfect, how do they perform?

So it's all starting to take shape, it has been slow going as I've had to check all the components as I go, as well as been stripping down the Kraton at the same time.

With parts from M2C, Voltage Hobbies, GKA, RPM, along with others, this is a fun concoction of RC bits and pieces.
20210327_104938.jpg
20210327_104957.jpg
20210327_105031.jpg
20210327_132724.jpg

I'm still trying to decide what motor to run, I think I'll start with the Hobbystar 4092 1400kv because of the weight of the build, I do need something powerful.
20210327_165953.jpg

Last edited:
All fixed up thanks for the good spotting @rc_bc3 !

20210327_184744.jpg
20210327_184758.jpg

@Primarrma .. Looking good 👍🏼 I would go with the 4092 motor, I had one in my Kraton and it was an animal 🤪 you really don't need any more power than that motor..!! 😉
Cheers man, it will be good while I'm running the heavy setup if I ever do a full rebuild on the Talion I'll be going for a lightweight set-up. I miss running it when it's agile and fast to react. The heavy build is good, but it takes away some of what makes the Talion so brilliant!
I've got to do something with those front springs, I'll run some longer springs I think to give me some adjustment back on the preload.
Don't laugh at the center cage, it is so that I can support the body in a roof landing.

Last edited:
Well it's all back together, and I've given the Talion a quick test flight. It's a heavy beast, even with a 23t pinion I only managed about 60mph or 100km/h. I was just running it out the the from my of my house, but it felt slow. The weight is am major downside, the initial feeling on road was planted, but it was sluggish on the changes of direction.

It will be interesting when I get to jump it to see how it responds in the air. I'm already thinking I need to do a light weight build with this thing. Even though it won't be as tough I think the dynamics will be more enjoyable.

It came together well and is running really smooth and stable, it ran so straight I didn't even need to adjust the trim on the radio. The brand new set of tyres had loads of grip and ran true.

I'll try and get a run in at the park tomorrow.

IMG_20210328_203233_018.jpg
IMG_20210328_203233_040.jpg
IMG_20210328_203233_060.jpg
IMG_20210328_203233_087.jpg
IMG_20210328_203232_975.jpg

Nice looking build, I agree with the light weight talion comments. Carbon towers, running the plastic brace up front and the stock sized electrics will take a noticeable amount of weight off.

Nice looking build, I agree with the light weight talion comments. Carbon towers, running the plastic brace up front and the stock sized electrics will take a noticeable amount of weight off.
Yeah it was a tough call, I've had a bad experience with carbon parts before on my bashers, but I was tempted by the basher queen stuff, but decided to go m2c. Though I think it will be a good idea to run the stock electronics, I'll see how I go with it. Thanks for the comment mate!

Most carbon towers are too thin. If you can find 6mm it is the way to go for that material. Even at that thickness they are lighter than the stock towers. It’s just a way to make up some weight gain from the chassis and braces. The m2c parts are tried and true though, so you can’t go wrong with them.

Most carbon towers are too thin. If you can find 6mm it is the way to go for that material. Even at that thickness they are lighter than the stock towers. It’s just a way to make up some weight gain from the chassis and braces. The m2c parts are tried and true though, so you can’t go wrong with them.
Thanks man, I'll try and figure out what to do with this build, but I'd love to start from scratch and do a lightweight design.
I might have to sell this Talion or when I finish the Kraton sell that?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back