Talion Talion Savox servo choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey gang,
I'm getting ready to upgrade the steering servo in my v3 Talion. I'm looking at Savox as I've had good luck with those on other cars. The two I'm looking into are the SB2292SG and the SW2210SG. Currently only running at 6v until I upgrade to the Max6.
Torque is good on both, but a bit higher on the SW. The SB wins on speed. The waterproof thing is really not too much of a concern. I don't run in standing water and there are ways to waterproof the SB if needed.
Our bashing is mainly higher speed in short grass (soccer fields, etc), some large parking lots. Some jumping, but not launching it 15 feet in the air. The stock one can barely get that thing turning at high speeds even with the servo saver tight. And it's sooo sluggish.
So is the extra speed (at 6v/7.4v) of the SB (.085/.07) worth the money over the SW? Or is .14/.11 fast enough? I'm thinking the torque is good on either.
Thoughts?

I think unless you’re a very seasoned racer running on a track the hundredths of seconds will be imperceptible to most in a bashing setting. I’ve got a 1210 and 1211 and I don’t notice any real difference in the speeds at.03 difference.

Good input, thanks. Any idea what the stock one is? It's so f-ing slow!

Pertinent info is towards the bottom.
From arrma website
OVERVIEW:
The ADS-15M V2 Servo is designed to give you fast and precise steering. Resilient to the elements and built from hard-wearing materials.

Specification:

Case – Red, Water-proof & dust-proof

Bearing – Dual ball bearing

Connector – ‘Futaba style’ 3 pin connector

Gears – Metal

Spline – 25 Tooth

Dimensions: 40mm x 38mm x 20mm (Excluding mounting tabs), Industry Standard size

Wire length: 300mm

Torque – ADS-15M: 15kg-cm (208oz-inch) at 7.2V, 14kg-cm (195oz-in) at 6.0V

Speed – 0.14 sec/60 deg at 7.2V, 0.16 sec/60 deg at 6.0V

Signal – Analogue

Thanks for the info. So is it the stocks whimpy 14kg-cm torque rating the cause of the sluggish response? Because it's speed is not far off from Savox.

Just put the order in for the Savox SW2210SG along with dual clamp aluminum servo horn. Also ordered the Voltage aluminum mount and clamps after watching how that stock mount dances around. Excited to see how much steering improvement I get. The turning at high speeds was a challenge with that stock servo. Depending on how this goes, might order another one for my Nero.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back