Talion Talion Servo issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doga003

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I bought my talion last week and just had my first two runs with it. Midway through the second run the truck began to turn to the right more and more no matter how I adjusted the trim. Eventually the trim was all the way left and the truck was stuck going hard right. Couldn't even go straight. I reset it, no luck and I took off the servo horn and readjusted it which worked for about 2 minutes before the truck was stuck going right again. While I was working on turning off the AVC I watched the servo spin until it locked up. It now won't budge when turned off or with the transmistter. It's completely locked up now I am at a loss of what to do. It just seems to have destroyed itself.

Stocker servo is junk. Stop beating yourself up.:LOL: Not your fault. Hopefully you set up your ST endpoints when it was new out the box. Not doing this, will make it fail sooner than later.
Get a DS3235 servo. Enjoy better driving. Any upgrade servo of 35kg or higher is better than stock if that is what you still have and referring to above. They go south real easy. Don't even bother to get a warranty replacement IMHO. Or just have it as a backup perhaps Your call. It will just happen again.:(

Stocker servo is junk. Stop beating yourself up.:LOL: Not your fault. Hopefully you set up your ST endpoints when it was new out the box. Not doing this, will make it fail sooner than later.
Get a DS3235 servo. Enjoy better driving. Any upgrade servo of 35kg or higher is better than stock if that is what you still have and referring to above. They go south real easy. Don't even bother to get a warranty replacement IMHO. Or just have it as a backup perhaps Your call. It will just happen again.:(
That's what I figured. Kinda sucks, you'd think you'd get what you need out of the box lol. Will definitely get a warranty just because but also plan on just going with an upgrade based off of what I've read. Thanks!

HH will most likely offer a replacement servo. No issue. I would leave it on the side as a backup servo in a pinch. Use a better upgrade servo and a proper 25 spline servo arm to match it. Spektrum branded Servos use 23 pline Spektrum branded servo arms. Using a Proper servo, the rig will drive so much better. (y)You don't know what you are missing.;)

Yes, get a warranty servo but safe yourself the trouble and trash it as well. I wouldn't even keep it as a backup, they are that unreliable from what I can tell.

^^^ This.

The stocker S652 servos have been known to short out the ESC's BEC crcuit and even the Rx. (bricking the ESC and/or Rx in the process)(n)(n)

Last edited:
I would HIGHLY recommend this servo if you are on a budget:
Standard Servo
Or if you can spare a few more bucks, this one:
Better Servo
Also, don’t run your servo and RX from the BEC off the ESC. I would recommend using this:
Jumper
Using the Jumper with a separate battery will give you all the power your servo needs and possibly saving you from an ESC fire! There are tons of threads about ESC’s going up in smoke.
I recommend this vendor, highly!

^^^ Yeah, that's the good stuff there . No doubt,(y):cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back