Talion shock oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgfast

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I'm just wondering why the Talion uses such a high cST oil in comparison to other models? also would there be any benefit to lowering it to a 1000 cST like the Kraton uses? I've read else where that lowering the cST helps with handling on the Talion

I'm just wondering why the Talion uses such a high cST oil in comparison to other models? also would there be any benefit to lowering it to a 1000 cST like the Kraton uses? I've read else where that lowering the cST helps with handling on the Talion
The Talion uses the stiffest springs out of all the 6S bashers. You want to have a shock oil that matches the spring rate. You can try putting 1,000 CST in there but it might end up rebounding like a pogo stick.

The Talion uses the stiffest springs out of all the 6S bashers. You want to have a shock oil that matches the spring rate. You can try putting 1,000 CST in there but it might end up rebounding like a pogo stick.
I get that thanks for the input it makes things a lot clearer
would you happen to know of a good place to get the 2000 cST fuild?

I get that thanks for the input it makes things a lot clearer
would you happen to know of a good place to get the 2000 cST fuild?
Just get 2000 cst diff fluid. Same stuff. My LHS had some.

just ordered some, thanks for your time and the link
You’re welcome. Some people may not know that diff oil and shock oil are really the same oil, just sometimes they use a weight instead of cst value. For example 80W TA shock oil is 1000cst and the same oil as a 1000cst diff oil. Obviously most run thicker oils in diffs than shocks, but it’s all silicone oil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back