Talion Talion shock tower replacement - which one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walking_target

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Talion
Morning All,

We have managed to bend the stock v4 Talion shock towers, so looking at replacements. Considering Scorched RC titanium or M2C front and M2C rear aluminium ones.

Any advice or guidance? The titanium versions are actually cheaper and would be stronger/lighter....the Talion already has a Scorched titanium chassis, so am tempted to go with the titanium towers unless there is a compelling reason not to....

I have the m2c racing in the rear and it works perfectly. I am kinda a m2c fanboy but all 3 of my m2c parts have been better than I could have hoped for. For scorched rc they are uk based (I think) and I do not know of a us distributor.

I have the m2c racing in the rear and it works perfectly. I am kinda a m2c fanboy but all 3 of my m2c parts have been better than I could have hoped for. For scorched rc they are uk based (I think) and I do not know of a us distributor.
Fortunately, I am in the UK and can get both easily enough! :)
Pick up a EXB set from Jennys
I could - but I suspect after shipping to the UK plus VAT and customs charges, it will end up about the same as buying something from over here!

That's a good shout @Yas , I will have a looksee! I am sure they will be durable enough for the light bashing we are doing.

M2C is the heavy side of parts
CF is the light side of parts

It is difficult to upgrade only part of a car with one or the other and have it work well. Extra weight from a few M2C parts makes everything else break faster, unless you go full M2C.

The lightness of Carbon Fiber doesn't reduce the weight enough to be safe on the CF parts unless you go full Carbon on a build.

I am inclined to go with Titanium if you are just upgrading a part or two, M2C if you are going full build on a heavy car like a Kraton or Outcast, and Carbon Fiber if you are going full build on a light car like a Talion or Typhon.

I’ve been bashing carbon fiber towers for years, I’ve never broke one. You will rip the top off your bulkhead or shear the bolts off before they break. Most are 5mm but if you can find 6mm it’s better.

BasherQueen makes excellent cartoon fiber towers for the Talion. Check her out on EBay. She also does a carbon fiber T2T brace and ESC plate. If you’re concerned about weight on a Talion I’d go with her stuff…very high quality.

Towers installed along with some Hot Racing hubs all round 👍 The red rocket lives!

888C6800-1F71-4785-B7D8-0AD563D728B1.jpeg

AEE43E3F-ADAF-49DC-B104-98D5E5EFACDC.jpeg

A8E7449B-51B9-4C64-B11A-B4F886AC8BF1.jpeg

E1D56630-1FB8-41C0-9EDA-FAF1D13598EF.jpeg

3F71EAFF-FC31-4324-81A1-14BBB36573BA.jpeg

82256511-5DF6-49F8-985C-DA8ECB0194AB.jpeg

I have the scorched ti towers on a mojavified build, it's heavy (m2c chassis, vitavon bulkheads etc) and they have been faultless. Lighter than m2c, just ordered up a set for my talion build, nice rig BTW.👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back