Talion Talion Steering Issue (steering not straight after crash repair)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tuen

The turnbuckles are now both the same length (71mm) as you can see the left wheel is straight while the right one is steering in. So surely the turnbuckles cannot be the same length?
View attachment 18673

With the amount of problems you been having with all this, I would straighten that right wheel and run with it!!! Haha doesn't need to be 100% dead perfect. By the time you DO get it perfect, you'll crash and be right back where you are now. Haha go have fun with it.

The tuen

The turnbuckles are now both the same length (71mm) as you can see the left wheel is straight while the right one is steering in. So surely the turnbuckles cannot be the same length?
View attachment 18673
Good, they really need to be the same length. However since one wheel is straight and the other is pointing just slightly in, it sounds like you possibly may have some toe-in (hard to see in picture). You need a bit of toe-out (both front tires pointing slightly outwards). If you already have the turnbuckles even, adjust both turnbuckles the same amount inwards (so less thread is showing) slowly turning maybe a half a turn each & check, so you have just a bit of toe-out.

With your servo horn not attached (as you have in the picture), set your TRIM on your radio to ZERO. Then with battery hooked up, and radio on, turn on your receiver and the servo with self center. By hand, turn front wheels so they are both pointing straight ahead the same amount (again with just a bit of toe out). After this, you can "NOW" hook up your servo saver (some servos are not dead center, so just put servo horn on the next notch left or right, whatever is closest to dead center. Once done this you can now "ADJUST" your TRIM to make vehicle drive perfectly straight. If these steps are followed, you should only need a bit of trim. After trim set and both wheels straight (w/bit of toe-out), this is when you adjust the end points to avoid any damage.

Hopefully someone else can jump in and assist with the reason why your bellcrank arm would be hitting your diff case, besides what I mentioned earlier. I checked both my V3 Talion and V3 Kraton, and the bellcrank arm is not close to rubbing?

With the amount of problems you been having with all this, I would straighten that right wheel and run with it!!! Haha doesn't need to be 100% dead perfect. By the time you DO get it perfect, you'll crash and be right back where you are now. Haha go have fun with it.
True, but turnbuckles should be close to same length.

It almost looks from the photos like your chassis may be bent at the kick up. (more than normal) Could be photo angles though. That end of the turn buckle should swing past the diff without contacting it.
At least it does on the Kraton.

It almost looks from the photos like your chassis may be bent at the kick up. (more than normal) Could be photo angles though. That end of the turn buckle should swing past the diff without contacting it.
At least it does on the Kraton.
I’m quite sure the chassis isn’t bent. It’s because the car was angled down on a tray when I took the picture of the steering post.

I know problems like this can be frustrating, I have been there, many times (on much larger scale). I would start over and completely disassemble the front of the car and re check everything including the chassis. I beleive I saw somewhere the factory kick up is something like 8 degrees. Something or some things have been undetcted. Maybe have someone else trusted and experienced look at it. They may spot it right away. I have been on both sides of that. Fresh eyes can make a difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back