Talion Talion Tires keeps ripping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello,
I have been experiencing consistent blow outs lately. The original d boots blew out the side walls... 3 in one day. I replaced all 4 with Pro-line pre mounted Badlands. On my 2nd or 3rd run, I lost half of the outer glue seal on one of them. I have noticed the front tires seem to balloon out more than the rears. Considering how every blown tire has been on the front, I am wondering if there is a cure for this, or if anyone can offer a potential solution for getting all 4 to engage equally..Not sure if it's the tires, or the distribution. Any advise?

Thanks,
Ben

Try changing your diff oils. If your front tyres are ballooning, add a thicker oil to the centre diff. It'll help keep more power going to the rear and stop your fronts deforming so dramatically. I use 100k oil in my centre diff.

Look here for a guide.

You could also look at taping your tyres/foams to effectively prevent them distorting so much.

Heavier diff oil in the front, heaviest in the center (100k).

Traxxas tire glue rated to 100+mph. Do follow the instructions, sand surfaces, clean w alcohol, glue and let cure.

Still on 5S and 6S ballooning will happen but not as bad.

Try changing your diff oils. If your front tyres are ballooning, add a thicker oil to the centre diff. It'll help keep more power going to the rear and stop your fronts deforming so dramatically. I use 100k oil in my centre diff.

Look here for a guide.

You could also look at taping your tyres/foams to effectively prevent them distorting so much.
Thanks for the awesome information and the guide....Sound like the right place to start.

Heavier diff oil in the front, heaviest in the center (100k).

Traxxas tire glue rated to 100+mph. Do follow the instructions, sand surfaces, clean w alcohol, glue and let cure.

Still on 5S and 6S ballooning will happen but not as bad.
Thanks. I will give the Traxxas glue a try when I replace the rubbers and foams on my original blow outs. Hopefully the diff oil cures the problem.... These wheels are getting expensive for no longer than they last.

I'm having this same issue, I'm gonna upp my diff oil weight and order a set of SRC terrain crushers, I'll get back to yah with the results in a week or so

Hi there
I have same problems on my Talion, the original dboots just blew.
I'm going to replace tires...does anyone know if AKA 14006ZR are good on stock rim?

thank u

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back