Talion Talion V3 Low Profile Wing Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Is there anyone who has a good fix/solution for the easily breakable wing mount on the Talion V3 ?
Is there anyone who knows if RPM has plans on making a low profile wing mount ?
T-Bone Racing ? I know they made some wing mounts but can't find it on their site.

Snapped my wing mount after a couple of jumps, replaced it snapped the next one...... Replaced the wing with a more flexible one, held up much longer but it snapped after a couple of speed runs/wheelies and some jumps. You really do need a good wing mount on this car, more than holding the wing itself it does protect the shock tower and shocks. I have now once again installed the RPM wing mount for the earlier versions but it sits further back and is taller. I have looked at the Hot Racing but I don't know if that alu version is gonna hold up other than looking really nice on the shelf !? I gotta say love my Arrma Talions but on my Revo's, man those wing mounts have really been taking a beating, never replaced one.

Attachments

• AR320379.jpg
    AR320379.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 74
  • RPM81642.jpg
    RPM81642.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 47
  • AON40MT01 Hot Racing.jpg
    AON40MT01 Hot Racing.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 53
  • T-Bone Outcast.JPG
    T-Bone Outcast.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 62
Is there anyone who has a good fix/solution for the easily breakable wing mount on the Talion V3 ?
T-Bone Racing ? I know they made some wing mounts but can't find it on their site.

Snapped my wing mount after a couple of jumps, replaced it snapped the next one...... Replaced the wing with a more flexible one, held up much longer but it snapped after a couple of speed runs/wheelies and some jumps. You really do need a good wing mount on this car, more than holding the wing itself it does protect the shock tower and shocks. I have now once again installed the RPM wing mount for the earlier versions but it sits further back and is taller. I have looked at the Hot Racing but I don't know if that alu version is gonna hold up other than looking really nice on the shelf !? I gotta say love my Arrma Talions but on my Revo's, man those wing mounts have really been taking a beating, never replaced one.

I have the TBR wing mount and it is by far the strongest I've found. But I have not used the Hot Racing one yet. I removed my wing and it seems to last even longer. I bnb used to break the mount every time I used it. Haha now I can get a week or so out of it.

The T-Bone Racing seems nice, even though it's not a low profile one. Like i wrote earlier though it seems like the stopped making it, can't find it on their site. I have mounted the RPM wing mount for now.

The T-Bone Racing seems nice, even though it's not a low profile one. Like i wrote earlier though it seems like the stopped making it, can't find it on their site. I have mounted the RPM wing mount for now.

That's a shame. I just had them send me a replacement for the one I broke. Took a month but it came none the less. Haha I've only broke one of theirs in the last 3 months.

Yes, the TBone wing mount has been discontinued, as I believe too many needed to be replaced under warranty. The TBR wing or any Kraton wing mount would sit too high on the LP V3 Talion, & possibly get damaged even easier, as it would be exposed to the big hits even more?

Yes, the TBone wing mount has been discontinued, as I believe too many needed to be replaced under warranty. The TBR wing or any Kraton wing mount would sit too high on the LP V3 Talion, & possibly get damaged even easier, as it would be exposed to the big hits even more?

That's a shame. I just had them send me a replacement for the one I broke. Took a month but it came none the less. Haha I've only broke one of theirs in the last 3 months.

I have bought some plastics and have tried to fabricate some stuff out of it, Delrin/Acetal is a great hard plastic that is perfect for a lot of things including skid plates but i have also found that whenever you drill into and don't leave enough material left around the hole it breaks, this is what I think happened with the T-Bone wing mount, it broke right where they drilled those 2 M3 on the braces on each side.
I have made a what you can call a prototype low profile wing mount, i choose PE-HD (too bad I only found it in white) that is lighter than Delrin/Acetal and does not break the same way. Will try it out this weekend.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Looks beefy. Also looks like you could double up the center pieces after cutting down the posts that tie them together.

Sure looks beefy, maybe too much. Don't really get what you mean by ....after cutting down the posts..... ? Nothing is cut now and the original pieces are countersunk into the PE-HD, and there's not that much room for more center pieces. Anyway, did some intentionally hard bashing with this yesterday and it lasted for a while, on about the 10th bad landing it broke (not snapped) where the screws goes into the the support on the tower. Back to the drawing board...............

Check this out, just made it same way you would a tower to tower brace. Works like a charm

Attachments

• 4FD3DDA4-3BB0-452B-935A-AD5823E71185.jpeg
    4FD3DDA4-3BB0-452B-935A-AD5823E71185.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 98
Check this out, just made it same way you would a tower to tower brace. Works like a charm

Nice, love these crazy solutions :)
I have tried lots of different things, including tie rod braces, only holding up for a few bashing session.
Here's my current one, ugly as f-ck but i'm trying to strenghten it sideways and upwards.

IMG_27a_resize.JPG

The original ones I have broken has all broken upwards for some reason. That is why the screws pull through the plastic on the original one, upward force. The RPM does'nt really break (at least not for me) but it gets twisted to the side.

The best solution would be if RPM made one out of their durable nylon that is beefier than their current one and somehow locks against the support on the tower since it gets twisted (always to the right in my case). If you loosen the screws a bit and twist it back it gets straighter right away. Even if they make a new one though it will probably not be a low profile Talion V3 one, they could probaby sell some though since just about every Talion V3 owner would buy one !? :)

Nice, love these crazy solutions :)
I have tried lots of different things, including tie rod braces, only holding up for a few bashing session.
Here's my current one, ugly as f-ck but i'm trying to strenghten it sideways and upwards.

View attachment 20305

The original ones I have broken has all broken upwards for some reason. That is why the screws pull through the plastic on the original one, upward force. The RPM does'nt really break (at least not for me) but it gets twisted to the side.

The best solution would be if RPM made one out of their durable nylon that is beefier than their current one and somehow locks against the support on the tower since it gets twisted (always to the right in my case). If you loosen the screws a bit and twist it back it gets straighter right away. Even if they make a new one though it will probably not be a low profile Talion V3 one, they could probaby sell some though since just about every Talion V3 owner would buy one !? :)
I like what you did there, going to try that one if/when my creation fails. Totally agree about RPM making a brace! Happy bashing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back