Talion Talion V3 Shock Fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g60_corrado_91

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello everyone. Been enjoying the hell out of my Talion so far. It is stock apart from running the Pro-Line Badlands on the 1/2" lower offset wheels. I run SMC 4S 90C batteries and just picked up a 6S 50C battery that I have not tried yet. I still need some more drive time, but I'm curious as to what everyone is running as far as the shock fluid is concerned. Everything I've read to this point tells me that the V3 Talion has slightly stiffer springs than the previous gens. The manual says the shock fluid is 2000cst stock. What is everyone else running? I feel like it'd be nice to have it a bit stiffer, but overall control is fantastic on the Badlands. I have raised the suspension up so it doesn't bottom out while jumping.

This thread here says that 1000cst = 80wt.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shock-oil-wt-to-cst-conversion-chart.1454/

Does that indicate that 2000cst = 160wt? Seems silly to go higher than that, yet it still feels a bit soft?

Were you able to find an answer for this or have you tried using 2000cst ? Been posting about the same question myself and so far no answer.
Been reading that people use 60w 70w and 80w in their shocks but that oftens refers to Kraton, my manual states 1000cst
for the Kraton so that makes sense. 2000cst seems thick ?
I do agree on the Badlands :)

Stock is 2000cst. In cold conditions its way to thick..kn hot its ok. I run 1500

Thanks !
Just picked up some 2000cst, Team Associated's shock oil weights do not go as high as 2000cst, even though it is labeled diff fluid
i believe it's the same silicone fluid.

Attachments

• AE 2000cst.jpg
    AE 2000cst.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 74
2000 wt is too thick just bounces all over will try 1000 wt see how it goes

You can always try changing your pistons. I have changed the pistons on my Typhon to suit my track and I’ve had great success. Trial and error is what I’ve found. Keep trying things and document your results and you’ll soon dial it in to what you want. Driving style and type of use dictate the set up, what works for some may not work for you but could well give you a good starting point.

It depends on where you drive..surface, smooth,rough..and temps. I run stock, and it works perfect at the gravelpit..and im the guy who allways run 32.5WT and 37.5wt in the the old shocks

i just run on grass with few jumps . the car handled horrible will 2000 wt in shocks changed to 1000 wt see how gos

Those numbers seem extremely high for oil weight. My talion has tekno shocks on it. Currently it has 45wt up front and 40wt in the rear. I haven't had a chance to test it yet at the track. What are you guys running for oil weight for the tracks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back