Talion Talion V3 w/ new TBR front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2loki4u

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Greetings all... (wish forum was on tapatalk)

So I recently installed the new v3 TBR front bumper - took out out for a short runrun with my son and a mild home made ramp (4ft board on a 2.5ft brace) in my parent's back yard. Low speed jumps landing well except two - one time due to operator error - over throttling I landed on the ass and busted the wing mount and the brace mount on the diff case - no big deal - 2nd time was a nose dive due to LVC cut off 3/4 of the way up the ramp...

In assessing the damage today I noticed the front suspension seems bent (rounded) more than I recall. But no signs of anything being actually bent.

Does this look right? Is it the TBR bumper that's making it look more bent than it is? I know on other trucks, there's a natural, intended angle relative to the chassis - maybe 3-5deg...

20180610_163950.jpg 20180610_163950.jpg 20180610_163946.jpg 20180610_164052.jpg 20180610_164045.jpg 20180610_164036.jpg
Thoughts anyone?

Thx!

I will say that I do have the same bumper, and that looks to be sitting a bit higher than it should be. I didn't install the brace on the top for that reason. I was afraid it would make it to rigid, and maybe bend the front on a rough landing. The rear of that bumper should lay flat against the chassis. do you notice any gap on the front body brace going into to chassis? That would be a good way to tell by looking to see if that is still 100% flush against the chassis. Sorry to say, from the pics it does look bent.

I will say that I do have the same bumper, and that looks to be sitting a bit higher than it should be. I didn't install the brace on the top for that reason. I was afraid it would make it to rigid, and maybe bend the front on a rough landing. The rear of that bumper should lay flat against the chassis. do you notice any gap on the front body brace going into to chassis? That would be a good way to tell by looking to see if that is still 100% flush against the chassis. Sorry to say, from the pics it does look bent.

That's what I'm afraid of - TBR convinced me to buy this version of their bumper instead of the earlier version - but it was really stiff putting in that bulkhead - required a lot of pressure to bend the bumper to meet the bulkhead... Perhaps tonight i can pull apart the front entirely to see.

I'm currently waiting on the rear wing mount I ripped through the screws and cracked the Rear Brace / Wing Mount Holder on the rear gear case (btw - what was arrma thinking when they didn't make that piece purchasable separate from the whole gear case? I only needed the Rear Brace / Wing Mount Holder - it isn't about the money, it's only $12USD - guess i'll have a spare box now - lol) still surprised these broke - i've seen this truck take a lot worse tail landings than the one that caused this damage - not the end of the world or anything but still a tad disappointing considering we weren't running them at high speed or launching them on a gigantic ramp - really kinda tame...

20180611_091635.jpg 20180611_091614.jpg

There are risks to making something to rigid. No play equals breakage. I really like the look of the HR aluminum wing mount on both the Typhon, and the Talion. I broke both pretty quickly. Now there is no problem with bad rear landings. Messed up the Typhon wing once or twice, but didn't break anything yet. Also in the Talion, I put in the HR rear chassis brace as well. Not much black paint left on the bottom of the Talion at this point, and it's holding up strong still.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...uDfjyRPbfIzsZuEiEHUDqwfiLb79Yx_kaAgkgEALw_wcB

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...hR6WFAyLnBg2QG9smoQwLFXnqxJTaF_AaAquCEALw_wcB

There are risks to making something to rigid. No play equals breakage. I really like the look of the HR aluminum wing mount on both the Typhon, and the Talion. I broke both pretty quickly. Now there is no problem with bad rear landings. Messed up the Typhon wing once or twice, but didn't break anything yet. Also in the Talion, I put in the HR rear chassis brace as well. Not much black paint left on the bottom of the Talion at this point, and it's holding up strong still.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...uDfjyRPbfIzsZuEiEHUDqwfiLb79Yx_kaAgkgEALw_wcB

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...hR6WFAyLnBg2QG9smoQwLFXnqxJTaF_AaAquCEALw_wcB

Your first statement is why i was afraid to buy the HR wing mount - tho I agree - it looks bad arse... i didn't see much point in the HR rear brace though - the factory one on the v3 seems pretty beefy - if it does break I'll buy either the HR or the Voltage Hobbies version...

Thanks for the feedback!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back